This morning, I caught my very first episode of "Say Yes to the Dress: Bridesmaids" on TLC.
It was quite captivating to say the least. The bridesmaids featured on the show, for the most part, were also very annoying.
Working at a salon, I know how demanding bridesmaids can be. Often times, they are more high-maintenance than the bride.
The bridesmaids featured on the two episodes I watched today essentially fit that same description. They acted like the bridesmaid dresses choice was all about them. While I completely understand the bridesmaids having some input on what they will be wearing on the big day (especially with price if the bride is not paying), I think that input should be very, very small.
It's not their big day! They will not be displaying these photographs in their homes for years to come!
Furthermore, they need to understand that people frankly aren't that concerned with looking at them. It's all about the bride and her gown! She is supposed to be the star!
(Have I used enough exclamation points yet??)
![]() |
| Finally! They all agreed! |
While I found this show incredibly entertaining, I don't think I'll continue to tune in. I'll just stick to Randy Fenoli and the Kleinfeld's crew in NYC, thank you!

DVRed it!!! Can't wait to watch but I'm sure I will be just as annoyed!
ReplyDeleteI've heard it's a good show... but every time I try to watch it, I find myself yelling at the TV. I'm already psychotic enough... not sure I need to add 'yelling at the TV' to my portfolio.. :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of this, but I'll have to check it out- during the school year Friday night TLC marathon's of Say Yes to the Dress are my favorite! :)
ReplyDeletehaha I can't wait to watch! I am obsessed with all those say yes to the dress shows. Everything Bravo and TLC, basically.
ReplyDeleteI have not seen this show yet, but I will have to check it out! I am obsessed with reality tv - ha ha! :)
ReplyDelete