This really stuck with me, even though for most people, it's probably common sense.
I like to count all of my calories during the day, and I figured as long as I was staying under 1200, then I was in good shape. I wasn't even taking into consideration the nutritional value of the foods I ate.
Now though, I try to stay under that 1200 mark while choosing foods that will actually benefit my body.
For example, I would eat my 210 calories worth of Hershey Bites (white chocolate- heavenly) and skip out on a peach or Laughing Cow cheese.
I still work in my guilty pleasure foods occasionally (like Starbursts- sooo good!), but I am really attempting to eat mostly foods that are going to help make me a healthier person.
Here are some of my favorite foods right now.
Cheerios. I could eat these all day long but limit myself to breakfast. You can eat 3/4 cup of them for only 110 calories (and 3/4 cup is more Cheerios than I thought it would be).
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via |
![]() |
| via |
Much better! 28.5 pounds down and 11.5 to go!




All good choices! I ate cheerios every morning when dieting. However, I will tell you I lost a ton of weight by just not eating dairy at all for a few months. I stay around 1100 calories and have gotten to 105 so you'll definitely make it at 1200!! Good luck, it's definitely not easy! And thanks so much for the comment on the blog!
ReplyDeleteYAYAYAYAYAY! So exciting! I looove me some cheerios! I like the ones with the oat clusters or whatever they're called in them- SO SO GOOD!
ReplyDeleteThat is definitely good food for thought - haha horrible pun! :P But really I hadn't thought of calorie intake like that before, so thanks for sharing! I am the same kind of snacker as you too, I can't help but want the sweets! I also love drink packets- they make water so much better!
ReplyDeleteYou're almost there Jenna! Way to go! Keep up the good work and check out my blog post for today, it'll help explain the discouraging days with weight loss! :)
ReplyDeleteyeah! love your attitude!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your progress!!! :)
ReplyDeleteps. I'm hosting a giveaway! Check it out here: http://foodloveandlifeblog.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-first-giveaway.html