Where did July go?
Does it even matter? I don't particularly enjoy July.
But here are a few of my favorite things from the scorching month!
1.
Persol sunglasses: I want these. Really badly. I have had a fantastic pair of Chanel sunglasses for about four years now. Want to know how I acquired my Chanel glasses? THEY WASHED UP IN THE OCEAN. Yep. Seriously. I had them inspected and found out they were genuine. They're gorgeous glasses, but they've always been lightly scratched in the lens area (being tossed about in the Atlantic will do that to a pair of sunglasses), and they've definitely seen better days. My friend recently bought Persol prescription glasses, and they look absolutely fantastic. Very sophisticated and posh, I think.
2.
Ellie's new collar: I bought this off eBay for under $15. It's purple and glittery with her name in rhinestones. Ellie looks and feels quite fab!
3.
Memory foam: For my new bed for my new house (it should be noted that my "new bed" will actually be a downgrade to a twin for space reasons...quelle dommage!), I bought a king sized memory foam pad that I am planning on cutting in half to fit on my bed. Essentially, I got twice the amount of foam for the same price! Awesome.
4.
This Target cereal bowl: I cannot wait to eat soup, cereal, and ice cream (and whatever else) from this San Francisco themed bowl. So urban!
5.
Harry Potter: I always love Harry Potter, but the final movie this month was indescribable. I teared up and (attempted) to lead the audience in applause multiple times. If I ever muster up enough moxie to get a Harry Potter tattoo, you will all be the first to know.
6.
Jello: 10 calories per cup. Antioxidants. Good and good.
7.
Edinburgh, Scotland: My friend is currently studying abroad here, and I truly cherish reading her emails about this magical city. My dad and older brother have been here a few times to golf, and I think I'm falling in love with this city I have never even been to before.
8.
Being one month closer to fall: Confession- I HATE THE SUMMER. I liked the summer when I was little and it meant no school and no responsibilities, but as a young woman, it's become my least favorite season of all. I hate the heat. I hate humidity. I hate sweating and hair frizzing. The sun gives me a headache. I prefer autumn/winter clothes. I realize I sound like a depressing person. I'm okay with that.
 |
| Ellie loves playing in the leaves. |
Ha! I feel like everyone is hating on the summer. I am the same way:)
ReplyDeleteLucky you with the Chanel sunglasses! I've lost many-a-pair in the waves! I loooove Jello too! And I love Summer but I'm also getting a little bored and need some cute fall clothes and some leaves! Love this post girl!
ReplyDeletememory foam changed my life.
ReplyDeletei secretly feel the same way about summer, but i wished for winter to end for so long this year that i don't have the guts to say that i'm over summer already. fall is easily my favorite.
I like the summer, but I also really like the fall! It's beautiful, and I love all the traditions in the fall with pumpkins and cider and everything. :)
ReplyDeleteI can't believe your Chanel sunglasses washed up on the beach! How lucky is that! Loving that Target bowl and the pic of Edinburgh - I have never been but I sooooo want to go now!
ReplyDelete...I lived in Edinburgh for 3 months during the summer festivals of 2007. It really was pretty awesome. But that place is EXPENSIVE.
ReplyDeleteThe photo you have is of Victoria Street, but I live just off Grassmarket in an neighborhood sometimes referred to as "the pubic triangle." Yeah. Hahaha, life is pretty grand.
You should definitely go and visit :)
Love the target bowl- I've been admiring them in the store for a while now, very cool! And I'm glad July is over too- I'm ready for the fall! :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I want a new bed!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I need to check out Target for those bowls. Super cute!