Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Let them eat cake!

Earlier this afternoon, after I emerged from the cold and dark basement having just taken my practice test of the GRE, I suddenly smelled something divine.

Like cake.

Already feeling sad, defeated, and incompetent (let's just say I mcsucked on the math sections), I was in a vulnerable position.

I saw the cake tin sitting so innocently on the counter. 

Then, I did something dangerous. 

I lifted the top off and was faced with a gorgeous bundt cake. Hot from the oven. With vanilla icing drizzled all over it.

Obviously, at this point I had no choice but to eat the cake.

And now I want more.

Oh, hey- self control? I'd love to have some of you right about now.

4 comments:

  1. Hilarious :) Nobody can blame you, you well deserved your piece of cake! And don´t worry about your exams, I´ve been crossing my fingers for you, so obviously, you´ve done great, girl ;)

    Have another piece of cake! ;)

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahah! After the GRE you definitely deserve cake after the GRE! I don't miss having to study for that awful test!

    Becca
    http://blondeslogic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes you've just got to have some cake. If I were studying for the GRE I'd certainly partake in a slice (or two!) of bundt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so with you on the needing self control - but I feel like this instance demanded cake! hehe. I hope you enjoyed it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.