Thursday, August 4, 2011

Am I the only girl who loves to shower?

So today while I was driving home from work, my iPod died.

C'est tragique! I know.

Anyway. I was forced to resort to the radio (which I hate) and caught the end of a conversation where a young woman called in to say all of the things she would live without before giving up her cell phone or something.

One of the things she'd gladly give up?

Showering.
via
"I mean, we girls all hate showering anyway! It's soooo much work!"

Um, THIS girl (me) does not hate showering. I love it!

I begin every day with a shower. It's my morning wake-up, and I like to start the new day fresh and clean. I even shower before going to the factory, which may sound pointless seeing as dirty as I get during the workday, but I just cannot function without having had a morning shower.

And while I can acknowledge that, as a woman, showering can feel a little tiresome with all of its tasks during and afterwards, I don't think of it as "soooooo much work."

But am I in the minority here? Do you other ladies view showering as a lot of work and would give it up before your cell phone?

6 comments:

  1. My Ipod seems to have died recently too, but I just think it's all part of God's to push me to get an iphone sooner rather so I don't have to get a new ipod too.

    Well if I could stay magically clean and shaven all the time without showering then yes I would stop. Otherwise, there'd be no point in having a phone since I wouldn't need to call anyone to socialize without at least occasional bathing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of showering. On hot days, I'll take two showers. A shower before bed so I can be cool enough to sleep.

    On my vacation to Thailand, I was taking three showers...and those showers are serious work. There's no door, so they get everything wet. The shower heads are never tall enough, etc. Fuuun stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you too- I feel so refreshed after showering, there's no way I'd give that up! Crazy lady on the radio! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uh-huh, how can ANYONE normal hate shower? That´s beyond my comprehension! But since I used to spend a fair amount of time in Parisian metro, I´ve discovered that there are probably more people who don´t like to wash that I dare expect!
    Heureusement, we´re normal around here lol

    Happy Sunday, Jenna!

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never heard of not liking to shower! I'm a shower queen! You are not alone Jenna. That just seems weird to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nope, fellow shower lover right here! Some people are way too attached to their phones, jeez :P And nice blog, keep it up! - Olivia

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.