Sunday, August 14, 2011

Thoughts on the mall...

This afternoon, I spent time at my favorite shopping mall in Cincinnati.
via
I believe that shopping alone is one of the most relaxing things in the world. I get so much enjoyment out of the activity, I actually described the experience to my mom as "euphoric."

Which she told me was so, so weird.

But that's alright.

Here are a few thoughts that came to mind while shopping today...

1. I will forever be considered "large" according to Forever 21 sizes.

2. A day of shopping at the mall is excellent exercise

3. It was nicer when kids didn't have cell phones until high school (This thought occurred to me when I was waiting in the checkout line at Forever 21 behind a mom and daughter. The daughter was sullenly texting away while her mom paid the bill).

4. I want to eat a crazy amount of Godiva almond truffles. And chocolate covered strawberries. Just chocolate in general, really.

5. H&M's autumn line is absolutely gorgeous. Very classic and polished.

6. Nine West always appears to be having some huge sale.

7. I wish everyone would go back home and let me shop in peace.

8. Why do so many young girls hang out in Victoria's Secret (The answer to that could be bothersome. Please disregard)?

9. I hate slow walkers.

10. Someday I'd like to shop in the actual store part of Anthropologie and not the "Sale" area (located in a pseudo closet- how degrading).

What do you love and hate about the mall?

6 comments:

  1. I love this post, and couldn't agree more with so many items on your list! I am hoping to get some shopping done tomorrow and cannot wait to check out H&M!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha I HATE SLOW WALKERS. and agree with all of these things :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with no.3 I didn't have a cell phone until I was 14 and even then I think i had it young. But I take a look now and girls have cellphones at 10 years....WAY too young!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with almost everything on your list! I consider shopping to be an amazing form of cardio, I hate slow walkers and I´m a sucker for everything Godiva-related...we should go shopping togehter one day ;)

    xx Ivana
    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list. Each of those points run through my head as the day of shopping goes on. I found your blog and had to follow! I love following bloggers who know how to shop!! I look forward to reading muchhh more.

    -Sarah livinglifelakeside.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah girl I have missed reading your blog this past week so much! This post makes me want to run right out to the mall, and I'm so glad you said you loved H&M recently because I've been wanting to give that store a try for quite some time! I love shopping alone so much. It's truly so relaxing. I love Mr. C but I hate when he just trails after me! I sometimes wish the malls here were not open-air though because it gets incredibly hot or cold! Can't wait to read more! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.