I had already eaten dinner so I thought I'd just get some sort of coffee drink.
Having consumed a piece of cake that day, I went into my bad habit of considering the entire day a waste since I hadn't been perfect on my diet.
I ordered an Icee Mocha (AKA a frozen mocha- were they ever called "Icee Mocha" or am I just crazy?) as I hadn't had one in forever and stood patiently waiting for the barista to blend my drink.
![]() |
| The Perpetrator |
"Wow! That is awesome," I had replied, innocently searching for my frozen mocha.
570 CALORIES.
THERE ARE 570 CALORIES IN A MEDIUM FROZEN MOCHA.
Awesome. Really, really awesome.
Needless to say, I haven't had the most successful of diet days this week, but I have been committed to my exercise routine so my weight has not skyrocketed or anything of the sort.
Weight today: 148 pounds
Which means...26.5 down and 13.5 to go...
After having sipped down a 570 calorie drink, I'll take it.

Hey you have to treat yourself sometime! :)
ReplyDeletei really really love panera bread, there is one close enough that i can take my lunch break there. i think a treat every once in a while will help you in the long run instead of cutting back completely, keep up the great lifestyle change ( i don't like the word diet)
ReplyDeletePanera is the best though- try the iced green tea next time you pass one! They're so yummy!
ReplyDeleteThose drinks are the best!! So good. I used to work at Panera, and I would drink them. Unfortunately, they aren't the most healthy. ha But, I don't think you should feel bad about having every once in a while. Everything in moderation is good. :) Also,you're awesome for sticking to your exercise routine!
ReplyDeleteThose are so delicious! When I worked at Panera people asked for calorie counts all the time and would usually be horrified when I'd break the bad news.
ReplyDeleteAs long as it's not an every day thing you shouldn't beat yourself up about a little indulgence!
Congrats on losing 26.5 – that's incredible and super inspiring. :)
I love and hate all at the same time that restaurants are posting nutrition info...Gah. :P
ReplyDelete