Thursday, August 25, 2011

Fired up

Sorry for my lack of a Wednesday Weigh-In post yesterday. I spent my day at my grandma's sewing a pair of pajama shorts (which are still not done due to neither of us following directions. Oops). I imagine my weight wouldn't have been very pretty though, judging by what I ate in Chicago...

But anyway.

Last week, I found out that the Catholic high school I attended was hosting an end of Ramadan dinner with a local Muslim group. I thought that was such an incredible idea, and I was really proud of my Alma mater for hosting this event.

Islam is such a misunderstood religion, and I always think it is a fantastic idea when different faiths join together to better understand and appreciate one another's beliefs.
via
Today though, I read an article online about my high school canceling this event due to parent complaints and "safety concerns."

This REALLY upsets me.

Whenever I see awful things on the news concerning prejudice or racism, I think how far away those people and places are. It really hurts to see it in my own neighborhood.

Ignorant people ruin everything.

2 comments:

  1. I agree! I try to not be judgmental about different things just because they're different from what I'm used to. Sometimes it's tough but I really just want everyone to be tolerant of others! Otherwise it's not fair to anyone!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.