From 11:00AM-3:30PM, we swam and lifechatted.
We also soaked up some major sun.
Back to that in a bit.
I hardly ever go underwater while "swimming" because when one goes underwater, one's hair gets wet and what little makeup one is wearing vanishes.
Since it was just my friend and I swimming today, I sacrificed my appearance and swam for real.
And it was AWESOME.
I forgot how much fun it is to actually swim. We had handstand contests, did flips, swam from one end of the pool to the other in one breath, etc, etc, etc.
I felt like I was having a freeing, Eat Pray Love kind of moment while swimming beneath the surface. It was divine.
We only got out of that pool because I had to get to work, and my friend had an appointment at the bank (She's leaving in one week for Scotland and needed pounds- lucky girl!).
Unfortunately, the sun attacked me during my glorious day.
And I now look like this.
Pathetic, huh? Guess what- it got worse.
Ouuuuccchhhh!!!
I think I may have sun poisoning. I almost fainted at the salon, and now I'm all achey with a bad case of the shivers.
Confession: I didn't wear sunscreen today. Don't tell anyone.
Oh, the troubles of being fair-skinned.
Don't worry. With a lot of aloe and ibuprofen, I'll be just fine.



Oh Jenna! You know better than to go out for that long without sunscreen! Listen to me- I sound like a mother! Lol. I'm glad that you had such a great time but I'm sorry that the sun was not kind to you!
ReplyDeleteOh no! always wear sunscreen! hahaha sorry to sound like an infomercial but burns are sooo painful and it's so bad for your skin to go out without sunscreen! but so glad you had a blast with your friend!
ReplyDeletehahaha I love this post! Because it is SO TRUE! Usually, we are with a bunch of people and want to look semi-decent, so we don't get our hair wet and go under, but yes, when you actually do and really swim? It is so awesome! I so know exactly what you are talking about :)
ReplyDeleteoh and I hardly ever wear sunscreen either. eek. good news is that a burn eventually turns into a tan.
Ouch! I hope you're feeling better and the burn is fading. Ouch Ouch! I'm afraid that's what is going to happen to me this week- I'm going on vacation to Florida and I've barely been in the sun all summer - that's a recipe for disaster! haha. Besides the burn - what a fun day in the pool! :)
ReplyDeleteOh no! My favorite trick is to keep aloe in the fridge. When you put it on, it feels heavenly. Hope your skin heals soon and you start feeling better! I've never had sun poisoning myself, but my sister-in-law was sick for two days with it when we vacationed with them on the mainland just a couple days ago. :(
ReplyDelete