I was recently Facebook creeping on myself (Don't we all do this?) when something interesting came up.
Looking through high school prom photos I thought, "Something looks funny in these pictures."
![]() |
| My junior year prom. I HATE that dress in hindsight. Boo. Circa 2007. |
![]() |
| My friend, Steph, and me during the boys' school prom. Circa 2008 |
Do you know what it was?
The "hand on the hip" phase had not reached its climax yet.
My friends and I would just stand next to one another and smile without propping a hand on a hip. We wouldn't even strategically place an arm over a shoulder bag or do anything to create the appearance of a thin arm. Nothing.
Crazy, huh?
I feel very torn when it comes to placing my hand on my hip for pictures.
I do it almost all of the time because it really does make my arm look thinner and really my entire body for that matter. And I will take all of the help I can get in that area, thanks.
| MAJOR attempts at arm thinning going on here. See the way I'm just casually leaning on the railing and that oh so subtle hand on the hip? Voila. Skinny Jenna. |
But at the same time, it does look a bit silly when girls come together for a photo and arms are immediately popping out.
Who are we posing for? And does it really matter if our arms look skinny??
What do you think about the hand on the hip pose?


That is pretty interesting!! I didn't even realize that before you posted. I think you look cute with you're hand on the hip. I like how it makes the picture look. Maybe, I should try it. ha
ReplyDeleteHahaha, this cracks me up! I call it the "skinny arm!" And I totally stalk myself, sometimes I go to tagged pics and hit back to look backwards and will also go through a de-tagging frenzy every now and then!
ReplyDeleteToo funny! I never know what to do with my arms while taking pictures- I'm gonna have to try this hand on the hip thing! ;) hehe. I think your hand on the hip picture is cute! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the follow!! And I totally do this too, I cringe whenever I see pictures where my arms are just hanging lol. Love your blog :)
ReplyDelete