Unfortunately, my Tuesday has been quite subpar. Tuesdays never start off well for me as my alarm goes off at 6:00am, an ungodly time indeed. It was a little icy driving to campus (I feel like I say it was icy all of the time), and the walk to class was freeeeezing. During my break between classes, I went to one of the computer labs to get an assignment done before my next class. Things were fine until this guy came in and sat beside me. He reeked of cigarette smoke, and he had his iPod blaring obnoxious rap music. The smell made me want to cry, it was so awful, and the music was driving me absolutely insane. I kept giving him meaningful stares and dramatically covering my ears, but he never seemed to notice. In my Writing for Majors class, I realized I had forgotten to do a response. Meh. My other two classes were normal. On the way home from school, I had to stop at Target and pick up a few pairs of leggings. And THIS is where my day goes from mehh to terrible.
I walked into Target and went straight to the clothes section. Strangely, the leggings were not in their usual spot. As I walked around the section, my pace quickened. Where were the leggings? I was starting to panic now. The leggings were no where in sight (though Target has put out some REALLY cute spring clothes!). I quickly approached a sales associate and asked with more emotion than one should employ when asking about a clothing item, "Where are your leggings????" She simply said, "Oh, they are out of season now. We aren't carrying them right now."
OH MY GOSH.
Did this woman realize that I wear a pair of leggings every single day of my life?? I rummaged through the clearance racks but only found a few pairs in a size XS. I had been defeated. My favorite leggings were gone until next fall. I would have to return to buying the Forever21 kind that tear easily.
Morosely, I walked aimlessly through the store. I found myself in the chocolate aisle. I bought myself some Lindt hazelnut truffles (milk chocolate). Then, I bought myself Haagen-Dazs butter pecan ice cream. I don't know why I bought these things. I was in a fog. I then picked up a deodorant, something I actually did need to buy.
 |
| My unexpected Target purchases. No leggings. |
When I got home, there was a package waiting for me from Forever21!!!! My Tuesday had been saved at least a little bit! It was actually the Valentine's Day gift I had picked out for myself from my mom so I won't get to enjoy it for a few more days, but that's okay!! Of course, Glee is also on tonight so I have a good feeling that my Tuesday is going to rapidly improve :)
at least you got some chocolate and ice cream!! My Tuesday has been bad too-- My head is hurting and I just don't feel like going to school this week :( mehh..... But I don't watch Glee soooooo yeah!
ReplyDeleteEmma you must get into Glee!!! It will make you so happy!!
ReplyDeleteJenna could you get them on target.com?
ReplyDeleteI was gonna suggest looking online as well!
ReplyDeleteI looked! I have to buy the capri ones because my legs are so short, and all they have is the long kind. The capri ones say they are out of stock!!
ReplyDelete