So many thoughts to write about today! First of all, I am running on less than three hours of sleep, and I am definitely feeling it. I was up until past 3AM doing schoolwork and had to be up by 6. I am a huge procrastinator, but I'm also very good at what I do. Last night, my biggest project was putting together an iMovie on Alzheimer's Disease in pop culture. I was using my mom's Mac with the newer version of iMovie so I had to learn how to use that version and put together my film... It took forever, but it did get done! :) When I finally went to bed, Ellie cuddled up by me, and it was one of the sweetest things ever. If only she was that caring all of the time (Currently, she is sitting in time-out for nipping at my little brother). Anyway, the lack of sleep is catching up to me today. Sooo tired...
At school this morning, I was walking ahead of a girl into a building. I stopped and kept the door open for her, and she didn't even say, "Thanks." The rest of the day I was hyper-sensitive about observing the use of manners around me. So few people say "Thank you!" when someone goes out of their way to hold open a door, and almost no one says, "Excuse me!" anymore. Maybe the winter just has people feeling down because I think everyone at my school is generally polite. One time during spring quarter I was reviewing notes for a presentation outside when my note cards flew away! This random guy ran around and chased them all down for me. Now THAT is nice! :)
I am very happy that Grey's Anatomy will FINALLY be new tonight!! What was up with all of those reruns these past few weeks? So lame. Also lame? The latest plot development that Callie has been impregnated with Sloan's offspring. I'm sorry but really?! As much as I love Grey's Anatomy, I can't help but notice how downhill the series has gone.
In my opinion, the show peaked in season three and hasn't been quite the same ever since. Once Dr. Burke left, the show always felt like it was missing something. He was such a central character. Then, when George and Izzie said adieu, the show just really started to lose its allure! I'll admit, Dr. Burke was and still is my favorite Grey's Anatomy character EVER (And I strictly mean Burke as a character, not Isaiah Washington as a person, who I have little knowledge about). He was so handsome, intelligent, and sophisticated... I'll stop myself now before I go off on a Burke tangent. Basically, I'm excited Grey's is back but hope they don't go too overboard on these plot lines!
Below is one of my favorite Burke scenes ever. What a man!!
I so agree with you on the manners deal - some people just don't get it! Luckily there are still people out there who do - like this morning when I dropped my knife and fork off my plate when I was taking it to the tray return in the dining center - embarassing I know! ha - but TWO people stopped and picked up one utensil each - it was so nice of them, I couldn't believe it!(and of couse I said thanks!) :)
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI cant imagine someone being rude to you Jenna!!
ReplyDeleteJenna - how do I get my picture to appear by my post?
ReplyDeletehahahaha I love that you're blogging about Burke. I knew this day would come eventually :)
ReplyDeleteJayne- I'm not sure why your picture isn't appearing by your post! Bizarre!
ReplyDelete