Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Icy Tuesday

Oh, what a day it has been! My February got off to a nice start this morning when my 8AM class was cancelled because of the ice, and I discovered a filled gas tank compliments of Wendy (Always appreciated). Luckily, there were only a few slick spots on the road driving to campus, but the real problem came when I attempted to walk from my car to class. The sidewalks were completely iced over!!! Basically, I had to walk in the street and dart between parked cars whenever a car approached. It was kinda stressful, and with the spitting rain and brutal wind, it was totally miserable. But I made it to class!

On my break, I headed over to Starbuck's for a mocha chip frappuccino (bien sûr!). Naturally, there was a long line. I was waiting behind these two guys who were standing together at the same register when the barista called out, "Next!" I looked towards the two guys, and neither of them moved, so I headed over to the available cashier who quite rudely looked at me and said, "I don't believe you were next." Then, one of the guys, who I had assumed wasn't ordering anything, finally realized it was his turn and walked over. The barista made me feel like such a mean and awful person for cutting in line. Luckily, my cashier gave me some reassuring words or else I probably would have cried. Seriously.

When I finally made it home this evening after a slippery drive, I had a package waiting from Ideeli!!! For anyone unfamiliar with this awesome website, it is one where everyday there are new sales featuring different designers. You have to act quick because the items come in such a limited quantity, but about three weeks ago, I scored big time! I bought this gorgeous, Nautica down coat...
My lovely new coat was originally $260 down to $59!!!! I would have felt guilty for not buying it, basically. It's really warm, though, and I love the blue interior. It also fits perfectly (Thank God since it is unreturnable). 

Lastly, I have been feeling a bit blue today since I wish I was up in Chicago for the crazy blizzard they are getting! My friends are off school today and tomorrow, and it all sounds like a lot of fun. I love the drama that big storms bring. I'm jealous we aren't getting any snow and are stuck with this rain!!!

2 comments:

  1. Your coat looks so cute - and most importantly warm! :) I will definitely have to check out Ideeli, how cool! If you want some snow, you're welcome to some of ours - my town's supposed to get upwards of 10 inches when it's all said and done and they haven't even canceled class or anything yet! yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah!!! And yes- Ideeli is a lot of fun! This was my first purchase from there, and I was really satisfied with the whole experience :) And send some snow down south!!! It's raining here now! Hope you get some classes cancelled tomorrow !

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.