Today I received a postcard in the mail from my friend, Becca, and I got to thinking how much more satisfying REAL mail is in comparison to email. Of course, I am so thankful for technology. Facebook, Gmail, texting, and Skype are the main ways I keep in contact with long distance friends. I don't know what I'd do without these websites/services!!
But anyway, back to today.
It was just so nice to receive a postcard in the mail with a handwritten note. I think I am going to make an effort to write more letters instead of emails.
When I woke up this morning (Confession: I was supposed to go with my mom to yoga class and instead overslept and didn't physically get out of bed until 11- Oops!), it sounded like my house was blowing away!! My bedroom has two exterior walls, so the strong winds were really quite loud! The news report says there are winds today ranging from 20-30 mph. I haven't yet had to venture outside, but when I do in a little bit for work, at least I will be sporting my new coat. That should help some. At least morale-wise. Speaking of weather, I'm still sad I'm not experiencing the blizzard in Chicago. Mehh...
Hope everyone is keeping warm this Wednesday!
Meh....must be nice to stay in bed until 11!!!! You are Jill are SOOO alike!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you about getting letters/mail. I think it was 2yrs ago, I was going to write a short note, card etc, once a month to different friends etc--just to mix things up a bit.....sadly, it didn't last long....meh!
Aww Julie! Such a cool idea! I want to try that!
ReplyDeleteI completely agree with you on snail mail - I love getting mail so much! My mom usually sends me a letter every Tuesday when I'm at college and on weeks when she's busy or forgotten, I'm so bummed! haha. One of my favorite hobbies is scrapbooking and making cards - they're so fun to send! :)
ReplyDelete