I received even more magnificent news on Sunday when I found out that one of my best friends at the salon I work at got engaged!!! Jill's fiance did an amazing job choosing her ring. It's absolutely stunning. Jill is such a fabulous person, and I am very excited for her wedding. I know it will be totally glitzy and glam. I am very much looking forward to watching all of the wedding planning over the next year! SO EXCITING!
Crazy, exciting, happy few days, huh? Today has been quite docile compared to the weekend. I woke up to the rain, which is always a wonderful thing when I'm sleeping in :) Waking up to the rain when you have to get up early has quite the opposite effect!
I've spent much of my day doing schoolwork. I have two longer papers due tomorrow, and they are on topics I'm not exactly excited about. Should be absolutely dreadful. I was eating Starburst jelly beans before and dropped one only to have Ellie snatch it up immediately. When I opened her mouth to retrieve it, I noticed it had gotten stuck on one of her teeth. I had to stick my hand inside her mouth and pull it off- oh, the depth of a mother's love... ;)
Anyway, I've been trying to watch Presidents Day specials to honor the national holiday taking place. Who is your favorite President? I know I've previously mentioned that mine is Lincoln, but I also find President George W. Bush to be extremely charming (Did anyone catch his Oprah episode?). I received his book, "Decision Points," for Christmas, and I am looking forward to reading it someday when school isn't being selfish with all of my time. One of the Presidents, William Henry Harrison, is actually buried about five minutes from my house. He was the ninth President of the United States, and he died only 32 days into his term!!! He spoke too long during his Inauguration speech in the bad weather, and he caught pneumonia. Isn't that depressing?
Anyway, I've been trying to watch Presidents Day specials to honor the national holiday taking place. Who is your favorite President? I know I've previously mentioned that mine is Lincoln, but I also find President George W. Bush to be extremely charming (Did anyone catch his Oprah episode?). I received his book, "Decision Points," for Christmas, and I am looking forward to reading it someday when school isn't being selfish with all of my time. One of the Presidents, William Henry Harrison, is actually buried about five minutes from my house. He was the ninth President of the United States, and he died only 32 days into his term!!! He spoke too long during his Inauguration speech in the bad weather, and he caught pneumonia. Isn't that depressing?
![]() |
| via Google Image search Love the Louboutins, Oprah!!! |
Happy Presidents Day!!

Babies and weddings! Two of my favorite things! I wish I could get into politics but I really just don't like them! I admire the work of our Presidents, though! Lord knows I could never be in their shoes!
ReplyDeleteSuch an exciting weekend!!!! So glad you were able to stop over....especially since you are an honorary "Korte sister"!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad, too!!! And I'm so flattered to be an honorary sister!!! :)
ReplyDeleteAs if weekends weren't already exciting enough, what fun news to receive to make yours extra special! :)
ReplyDeleteAnd I completely agree with you on the rain - I just wanted to snuggle under my covers this morning..no such luck! haha.