Today I caught an episode of Samantha Brown's "Passport to Europe" while I was eating lunch. This episode featured Samantha visiting Florence, Italy, and as I watched her give viewers a tour of her luxurious hotel accommodations (rooms ranged somewhere from $350 to in the thousands per night; when I was in Europe, I was staying at hostels that cost about 50 dollars each night! So glam!) and shop at designer shops, I thought what a perfect job that woman has. Can you imagine being paid to travel all over the world and be filmed as you explore new cities? Eat magnificent foods? Shop at the most unique places? Samantha Brown has it made.
Anyway, I've spent most of my Monday reading/writing/wondering why I am an English major... Okay, not really the third one, but sometimes when I have 300+ pages of reading to do between classes, I do feel a bit overwhelmed and stressy. It's funny, I am on my fourth major now, and it FINALLY feels right. I met with my counselor last Tuesday, and she said, "Jenna, you just seem so calm now. You're so at peace." I'll admit, I was a little caught off guard. "What do you mean? Was I really that frazzled of a French major?" She replied that yes, yes I was that frazzled of a French major, and she could tell I had at last found the major that fit me. I really am so happy being an English major. I love the English department at my school, and I have the feeling that this is where I belong- a feeling missing from my three previous majors.
I am also feeling much love for my Kindle today. It aids my procrastination as I didn't have a book I need to read by tomorrow... I simply shopped in the Kindle store and had it wirelessly delivered in less than 60 seconds. MY KINDLE IS SO AMAZING!!!
Happy Monday!
Man, I would love Samantha Brown's job! I studied abroad this summer in London and when we traveled for two weeks after, I paid around $350 total for all the hostels! ha.
ReplyDeleteYay for being at peace with your major - I changed mine over Christmas break and I agree, it's such a happy semester compared to last fall!
P.S. - I'm so excited you're a Glee fan too! Not many of my friends watch the show and my bf just makes fun of me for liking it, so it's always fun to hear of people enjoying the show! :)