1. Abraham Lincoln: My favorite United States President, without a doubt! I have so much respect for Lincoln for a number of reasons. He kept running for elections after having lost, he had a good sense of humor (read some Lincoln quotes!), and he ended slavery. Love President Lincoln!!!
2. Jane Austen: So I am totally obsessed with Jane Austen. I am actually quite sure that I will one day name my first born daughter after her. She wrote such romantic and beautiful stories with strong and independent women. My school is offering a Jane Austen class next quarter, but it doesn't fit into my schedule. Quelle dommage!
3. Alexander Hamilton: He has always been one of my favorite people in American history. I mean, he was killed by Aaron Burr in a duel! Hamilton was a founding father and the United States' very first Secretary of the Treasury. I feel like the only reason I want to meet him, though, is because of the whole duel thing. I don't know.
4. Jackie Kennedy Onassis: The classiest first lady in United States history (according to me). Jackie O. was just so elegant and cultured. She handled everything with such grace. I would love to meet this woman!!
5. Emily Dickinson: Dickinson was a total recluse during her life. She hid away in her room and had very little contact with the outside world. I love Dickinson's poetry, but I usually have no idea what the woman is trying to say.
Those were just a few of the people I thought of off the top of my head. Who are your favorite people of history??
![]() |
| The lovely Miss Austen! |

Ohmygosh - I love history! It's always been one of my favorite subjects in school (right behind math! haha) and I especially love all the history on the east coast - it's my dream to live out there someday!
ReplyDeleteYou have such a great list, I completely agree about Jackie O. - Favorite First Lady ever! Really I love all the Kennedy's- minus all the scandals and such, I've always wanted to be a part of Camelot.
I also like Thomas Jefferson - he said one of my favorite quotes, "I cannot live without books." and Monticello, his home is amazinggg.
"I cannot live without books" will now become one of my favorite quotes ever! How perfect! :)
ReplyDelete