Monday, February 28, 2011

Oscars Recap

Soo...what did everyone think of the Oscars this year? I always forget how long the show is (three and a half hours? Really??), and I hate that they save all of the best awards for last. By eleven, I had enough of the Oscars and decided to check online later to see who the big winners were. I chose to Skype with one of my dear friends who goes to school in Virginia instead. I was very happy to read that Colin Firth won best actor (He will always be Mr. Darcy to me <3), and that the lovely Natalie Portman took home best actress. I think it is so precious that Natalie Portman is pregnant right now, too. It is like her future bebe can say he was there when she received her Oscar- how sweet is that? I remember when I was little, my best friend told me how she had never been on a plane before except, "one time when my mom was pregnant with me, and we flew to California." It's funny we thought that way when we were so little.
Via Google Image Search
Anyway, I thought almost everyone's dresses looked gorgeous last night. Wouldn't you love to be Anne Hathaway and be able to switch gowns so many times in one evening? She looked beautiful in all of them, too! Do you know who else was looking incredible- Jennifer Hudson! I loved her in that red gown. She looked fantastic. As for gowns I did not enjoy...definitely Florence from Florence and the Machines and even Amy Adams. Mehh...

Unfortunately, I have to admit that she and James Franco were kinda lame when it came to hosting... Hugh Jackman was so funny last year; he was a hard act to follow. I felt like Anne and James would try to be funny, and then their jokes would just flop. It was super uncomfortable and weird. I hope they stick to a comedian from now on or at least someone more entertaining.

1 comment:

  1. I so popped in and out of the oscars too - I don't have that many hours in my day to watch tv! haha. but I got to see matthew mcconaughey present an award so I was a happy girl! I also thought Natalie Portman looked lovely, as did Anne Hathaway - I agree with you - I wanted her job, just to wear all the pretty gowns!

    Hope your week is off to a good start! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.