Monday, September 17, 2012

When the President came to my neighborhood

...I didn't get to see him.

:(

At this very moment, President Obama is about five minutes away from my apartment making a speech at an outdoor pavilion.
via
While I wasn't able to get tickets for the event, I figured I could still walk over and try to get as close as possible. I thought it would be neat just to hear him talking and the crowds cheering, even if I couldn't see anything.

My ideal spot was this gorgeous lake by my apartment, but I was dismayed to see it blocked off with caution tape! There were intimidating police officers patrolling the sidewalks around the lake.

Undeterred, I continued walking towards the pavilion, but was quickly met by more caution tape, road blocks, and security personnel.

I dejectedly trekked back home, feeling like a loser.

So now I am sitting in my kitchen writing this blog post instead of being perched on a park bench or even traffic curb listening to the President speak.

I may have even entertained a fantasy of the motorcade passing by and President Obama shouting out, "Those are great shoes you have on!"

Sometimes life is not as glamorous as one may hope it to be.

7 comments:

  1. hahaha, that is the words i would want President Obama to tell me. if he recognizes my awesome shoes he def. deserves my vote, lol.

    but sorry you couldn't see him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I love your shoes!!! And bummer about missing out on seeing President Obama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like he always comes to Richmond and I miss it all the time. One day, I will see a president!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love 10 miles from him and have never seen him. I love your shoes. Is that pic of you on the top new? Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the shoes! Living in the DC area, we are frequently stopped by motorcades and such, but I rarely get a glimpse of anyone cool. We actually left DC for the 2008 inauguration because I can't do crowds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This happened to me too! Obama was on Iowa State's campus like a week or two ago, and I wasn't quick enough to get tickets so I figured I'd just go on campus and try and listen, but everything was blocked off so securely I couldn't see a thing! I listened to him for a few minutes but decided it wasn't worth it in the heat! At least you tried!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.