I've survived the first two days of my job, and I am feeling awesome!
![]() |
| Career Jenna! |
Here are my most favorite things.
- Close commute- only a fifteen minute drive!
- Nice coworkers. Everyone has been so kind and welcoming to me. They are always willing to answer my questions and even make sure I have someone to eat lunch with.
- Free lunch.
- Free fountain soda machines! They have just about every pop I like (and diet pops, too...thank gosh)! They even provide us with free coffee and hot tea all day, as well. Essentially, you could never be thirsty at work.
- I have a cube. I am weirdly obsessed with my cube and everything in it. I sort of freaked out the first time my phone rang, but I am feeling muuuuch more confident now. I also cannot wait to decorate- I am going to have the cutest cube on the floor (yes, I know I am probably the only person who cares)!
- I am allowed to wear leggings to work. Seriously. I am.
- Flexible hours. I am working 8AM-4:30PM, and I love getting home so early!
- Free onsite gym with fitness classes! I have Zumba tomorrow at 5PM :)
I think my new job is fantastic. I can't wait to get past all of the reading and paperwork and get started on actual tasks!
The only downside?
I took a horrible company photo and now have to wear it on a badge that hangs from a lanyard around my neck all day.
Sigh.

YAY! Congrats, Jenna! And leggings AND a gym?!?! It sounds amazing!
ReplyDeleteCould your job be more amazing?! I would DIE if my job had endless fountain drinks, seriously I would. I would also LOVE for my future big girl job to have those hours! Hilar how I think 11-6 is soooo long right now. But I'm more of a morning person and would rather get off in the afternoon or at least at 5!
ReplyDeleteCongrats sweet girl! That is wonderful news about the new job!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I am behind on blog reading but I wish I can find the perfect job soon, too! I can't wait to see the photos of your decorated cube.
ReplyDeleteSounds great! 15 minute commute-you are so lucky! Free lunch and soda? That can't be beat. I had free soda at my job and would find myself drinking 4 or 5 on stressful days-so be careful! Glad you are making it through the first few days! Friday will feel so good and it'll be even better when you get your first paycheck! Hope you treat yourself to a nice pressie!
ReplyDeleteYAY! I am so glad your job is off to a good start! That is perfect that they let you wear leggings, the fitness classes sound awesome and I cannot wait for a picture of your decorated cube! :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats Jenna! It really does sound like you have an awesome job! I had an internship one summer with a lot of the same perks and I remember thinking that real life jobs in the future would be such a let down after all those fun things. Nice to see that you are LOVING this new career of yours! Hope the rest of your week as a new career lady is fabulous!
ReplyDeleteHow exciting! What an awesome job :)
ReplyDeleteIt really is awesome! It's funny the things we both enjoy and the things that we each enjoy. You love the gym and I love the rainbow pillars. You, of course, love leggings, and I, of course, love jeans.
ReplyDelete- MT