It will also be the first day I hang up my William and Kate wall calendar in my office cube (as I gradually expose my coworkers to my anglophilia).
But anyway.
September was a wonderful month for me.
With the beginning of my career, I've felt my life ease back into balance.
I love having such a set routine (maybe it's the German in me?). Monday through Friday, I work from 8AM-4:30PM. Then, I go exercise in the company's gym for an hour and am still able to arrive home before 6PM. I am generally in bed by midnight and ready to go again the next morning.
On Saturdays, I am still maintaining my front desk job at the salon. For now, it doesn't feel like too much, but we'll see how it goes.
Sunday, I have decided, will be a day of rest. I am letting myself sleep in until my heart's desire and hope to wear Gap lounge pants for the majority of the day. I shall read chick lit and peruse my favorite online shopping sites. I will spend time on Pinterest planning my dream wedding and lay on the couch watching SATC episodes.
One of the biggest things I've changed about my life, though doesn't have to do with routine or a set schedule.
I have finally learned how to live in the moment and stop wasting time worrying about the next hour, the next day, the next month, etc. When I am at work, I think of my job tasks. At lunch, I concentrate on the conversation or book I'm immersed in. In the evenings, I enjoy being at home.
Being completely involved in the moment has really brought a certain sense of calm to my life and has contributed to that balance.
Goodbye, September! I have a feeling October is going to be an even better month!
And I suppose I should get to thinking about my Halloween costume...
I love having such a set routine (maybe it's the German in me?). Monday through Friday, I work from 8AM-4:30PM. Then, I go exercise in the company's gym for an hour and am still able to arrive home before 6PM. I am generally in bed by midnight and ready to go again the next morning.
On Saturdays, I am still maintaining my front desk job at the salon. For now, it doesn't feel like too much, but we'll see how it goes.
Sunday, I have decided, will be a day of rest. I am letting myself sleep in until my heart's desire and hope to wear Gap lounge pants for the majority of the day. I shall read chick lit and peruse my favorite online shopping sites. I will spend time on Pinterest planning my dream wedding and lay on the couch watching SATC episodes.
One of the biggest things I've changed about my life, though doesn't have to do with routine or a set schedule.
I have finally learned how to live in the moment and stop wasting time worrying about the next hour, the next day, the next month, etc. When I am at work, I think of my job tasks. At lunch, I concentrate on the conversation or book I'm immersed in. In the evenings, I enjoy being at home.
Being completely involved in the moment has really brought a certain sense of calm to my life and has contributed to that balance.
Goodbye, September! I have a feeling October is going to be an even better month!
And I suppose I should get to thinking about my Halloween costume...
Can't believe Halloween is right around the corner. I'll have to think of a costume too!
ReplyDeleteGlad everything is coming together for you :)
Jenna- I am so happy for you! What an exciting post- I'm so glad things are going well for you! :-) I am trying to live in the moment too and just soak up my last year of college, and when I remember, it works quite nice! hehe. Ps, when you figure out what to be for halloween, help me come up with a costume idea too!
ReplyDeleteYou sound like you're totally in the zone! I love this post and love your reflective nature. I cannot wait to see what you'll be for Halloween! Sundays sound so perfect...maybe insert a mimosa or some vino for good measure. :)
ReplyDeleteHAHA what I wouldn't give to be at your office when you reveal that gem!
ReplyDelete