I AM EMPLOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I wanted to somehow break the news in a clever or witty way, but it's just too exciting to announce in any manner other than bolded capital letters.
Remember the interview I had last Wednesday?
The company said I would hear back in two weeks, but instead, I got a VERY exciting call yesterday afternoon (only one week later!).
I literally wanted to cry I was just so happy and relieved. It was one of the best moments of my life getting to call my mom and tell her the news.
This position is one I really wanted. The company is fantastic, and the people I interviewed with were all incredibly kind and welcoming.
I think the work will be challenging and rewarding, and I cannot wait to begin.
Last night, I went home for a bit, and my mom served celebratory mimosas with our dinner. My dad also had a serious discussion with me about the dreaded "B" word.
Budget.
But anyways!
Ben, Rachel, and I celebrated last night with a bottle of champagne, as well. Unfortunately, Ben didn't open the bottle quite so smoothly and ended up with half of its contents all over himself.
I still cannot believe I have a B.A. in English and a career.
I just feel so incredibly blessed and fortunate.
So! What should I buy myself as a congratulatory gift?
Kidding, Dad! :)
Maybe.
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm so happy for you! :)
ReplyDeleteYaaaayyyyyyyy!!! I'm so excited for you! I can't wait to hear all about it!! I remember getting that first paycheck, going out to eat and I bought myself a DVD player---this was in 2003 so that was a big deal to me then. You deserve something special you carareer woman!!! Shame on Ben for wasting that bubbly!! Hehe
ReplyDeleteWay to go! I'm so happy for you. What and exciting time in your life,enjoy!
ReplyDeleteYAYYYYYYYYY!! SO excited for you! I know that so many struggle with finding a career post-grad, especially with an English degree, so I know what a blessing this is for you!
ReplyDeleteBut really, you do deserve a treat for landing this job. A nice new pair of work shoes, maybe? Those are practical AND necessary! Congrats again!
Congratulations Jenna!!! An English major! Yes! There seems to be so few of us (working on mine now). So what's the job?! I know you will do wonderfully! Yay!!!
ReplyDeleteYAYAYAYAYAY! Best news ever. First job out of college is the hardest to find and you did it quickly! Nice work Jenna! Can't wait to hear how your first few weeks go. And to see your first day outfit!
ReplyDeleteYay!! Congrats!! So exciting!! I can see you dad shaking his head at your last line, lol. Too funny!!
ReplyDeleteCongrats again!!
CONGRATS CONGRATS JENNA! I am so excited for you! I'm so glad you celebrated last night- moments like that are definitely made to be celebrated! Love the congratulatory gift idea too..I think you should definitely treat yourself- maybe a new pair of shoes like Caitlin suggested, or some cute accessories for your new desk? Ahh. So happy for you girl! :)
ReplyDeletecongratulations, jenna! cannot WAIT to hear more about it.
ReplyDeletecongratulations Jenna!!!! I am SO proud of you!! cannot wait to hear all about it
ReplyDeleteAH I had yet to read this post but saw it on Facebook! CONGRATULATIONS! I'm so happy for you! Yay for big girl jobs (not that I have one yet)
ReplyDeleteYay Jenna!!! I'm so happy for you! What wonderful news!!! Also, thanks for your sweet comment about my redecorating! <3
ReplyDelete