We started our day at the outlet malls north of Cincinnati. I did VERY well at Ann Taylor Loft and the Gap and now feel as though I have a fantastic work wardrobe!
Ann Taylor Loft was especially helpful for me in that they had put together really pretty outfits on their mannequins. I ended up purchasing skirts and sweaters I would have never looked at otherwise.
After the outlet malls, my dad and I dined at P.F. Chang's.
We ordered lettuce wraps as our appetizer, and mid conversation, an especially long and undercooked (i.e. hard) noodle got stuck in my throat.
I began choking and almost vommed on the table before I was able to dislodge it while my dad was totally freaking out.
Classy!!!
As mortifying (and scary for my dad) as it had been, we couldn't stop laughing about it the rest of the afternoon. The time I choked on a lettuce wrap- hilarious.
After lunch, the two of us went to one of our favorite stores- Barnes & Noble. There, my dad bought me a beautiful leather notebook for work, and a novel called A Short History of Women, which I think will be an excellent read!
"Do you care if we stop by an antique store?" he asked, as we headed home.
"I don't mind!" I replied.
The antique store was incredible. There was gorgeous artwork on all of the walls and everything was so neat and organized.
While my dad went off in search of antique golf clubs, I rummaged through pairs of Blahniks and vintage handbags.
One handbag in particular caught my eye. It was a black leather bag with impressive gold hardware. The label read: Ottobre 1928.
I didn't recognize the brand and moved on to a different part of the shop. I kept thinking of that bag though and how beautiful it was. I got out my phone and googled "Ottobre 1928."
Then, my stomach dropped.
It was Hermès.
HERMÈS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And the price tag was only $39!
I was absolutely giddy taking that handbag up to the register. I seriously could hardly breath.
It's okay if you're thinking I'm materialistic right now. Because I totally am.
So! What do you think of my new Hermès bag? ;)
Sigh. I'm in love.


Wow! A hermes for $39! You mote than scired in that one. And what a fun shopping with your dad! Good luck this week!
ReplyDeleteHoly cow. You DEFINITELY scored! And it sounds like you have one rockin dad; unless it's an outdoors store, my dad is so not a shopper! Ha!
ReplyDeleteOMG, that is AMAZING!!!!11 hooray for such a fab find!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day with your dad and a cool find with the purse- that makes me want to go to an antique store big time!!
ReplyDeletewow - what a great find! I think I need to slow down the next time i'm at an antique store!
ReplyDeleteI love that your papa goes shopping with you. Excellent.
ReplyDelete- MT