I'll never forget sitting in my family room that afternoon. The weather was perfect, the kind of temperature and sunshine that September is known for. I was too afraid to go outside though, and I couldn't stop looking at the horrifying images that were flashing across my TV screen.
At the age of eleven, I just couldn't comprehend how many innocent people had been killed. I couldn't understand how so many people had simply gone to work or traveled on an airplane and were now dead because of these mundane actions.
Mostly, I could not understand how a group of people could harvest so much hatred towards a nation that they will willing to murder hundreds of innocent civilians.
"Tonight, I ask for your prayers for all those who grieve, for the children whose worlds have been shattered, for all whose sense of safety and security has been threatened. And I pray they will be comforted by a power greater than any of us, spoken through the ages in Psalm 23: 'Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me.'"
President George W. Bush September 11, 2001
Thinking of and praying for all of the victims of 9/11 and their families and friends today.
President George W. Bush September 11, 2001
Thinking of and praying for all of the victims of 9/11 and their families and friends today.
This is a beautifully written tribute post to 9.11 Jenna. Definitely won't ever forget that day.
ReplyDelete