Friday, September 7, 2012

Happy birthday to my big brother!

Today is my older brother's 26th birthday.

Joel is a little more than three years older than me and has always been the best big brother any girl could hope for.

For the first 4-5 years of my existence, I would follow Joel around and confirm every thought and action with him.

Someone could ask me what color eyes I had, and I'd respond, "Green...right, Joel?"

Everything ended with, "...right, Joel?"

After Joel celebrated his First Communion at the tender age of eight, my mom took the two of us to the local toy store so that Joel could choose something to buy with his gift money.

Not only did he buy himself a toy, he also bought me the doll I had been wanting.

When Joel was a senior in high school, and I was an awkward-looking freshman, he and his friends always said "hello" and talked to me at sporting events and made me feel ooohh so cool.

Today, despite Joel's very busy work schedule, he still continues to watch out for me. He will call me out of the blue and treat me to dinner. He is always there to give wonderful "real world" advice.

Happy birthday, Joel! I love you, and I'm very happy that you're my big brother!

3 comments:

  1. Such a sweet post. As a sister with three brothers, I know how those guys can have a special place in your heart!
    Happy Birthday to your big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww...this was a beautiful post! Happy Birthday to your big brother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday to your brother! I've always wanted an older brother- it sounds like you got a gem!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.