Monday, September 24, 2012

Tomorrow is the day!

It is 11:28PM.

I have my work bag all packed, my outfit chosen (which I will probably change my mind about in the morning and then proceed to freak out as I try on numerous other outfit combinations), and my alarm set.

I am feeling awfully reflective tonight on the eve of my launch into the adult, working world.

That probably sounds overly dramatic, but I wanted to write a post that I can look back on years later and see exactly who I was and how I felt at this moment in time.

Feeling: A little anxious. I don't know what to expect on my first day, and I hope my coworkers like me. Mostly though, I am very excited to meet everyone and begin my job. I am also looking forward to having routine back in my life.

Listening to: Michael Bublé's "Put Your Head On My Shoulder." Sigh.

Wearing: My new Gap Body purple lounge pants (soooooo insanely soft and comfortable) and a Notre Dame tshirt.

Relationship Status: Totally and utterly single. So typical.

Favorite...
TV Show? Modern Family
Movie? Love Actually or While You Were Sleeping
Food? Graeter's Toffee Chip Ice Cream (and of course, I'm always one to enjoy a good steak)
Store? Target
Author? Sophie Kinsella
Brand? Kate Spade
Signature Scent: Marc Jacobs Daisy or Coach Poppy

Living: With Rachel in a two bedroom apartment! There is currently a weird smell in our entry hallway, and Ben's dining room table has been abandoned at the bottom of the stairs until two strong men are in the vicinity and can move it.

Phone: iPhone 4. The iPhone 5 came out just a few days ago- I am two models behind!

Goals: Do well at my job. Exercise more often. Finish my novel by next spring!

Well then.

This post turned into a weird time capsule of sorts.

Here is hoping that tomorrow is amazing!

I know I'll be carrying around my St. Jude prayer card just for extra measure :)

8 comments:

  1. Good luck today!! If your co-workers don't like you, they're either jealous or really stupid. You're so sweet!! You have nothing to worry about. I cannot wait to hear how it went {I'm sounding like an odd proud 'mom' or something} but I love this time capsule post!! I hope you celebrate with a PSL and a glass a vino tonight!! Knock 'em dead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck good luck good luck! I know that it's already 4:25, so really, your day is likely almost over. But at any rate, I hope it has been completely perfect, exciting, and scary but only in the absolute best way :) Take it easy tonight and kick off your heels knowing that you have officially ACCOMPLISHED something amazing as an ADULT! Woohoo! Congratulations, dear xoxo Mason

    masonlikethejar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you made this a little time capsule post. I will feel the same way when I enter the real world of adults. I don't feel like I'm there yet. GOOD LUCK! I hope you had a fabulous day!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. St. Jude you won't need. Call on St. Joseph instead.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenna this was such a good idea for a post- how neat that you'll be able to look back on how you were feeling on the eve of your first day on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How could anyone NOT like you? Plus, I actually know that everyone loves you! Yay!!

    - MT

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.