Autumn has always felt like a fresh start for me, undeniably because it has signified the beginning of a new school year in years past.
I generally prefer making "Autumn Resolutions" rather than ones of the New Year variety, and this year is no exception.
Jenna's 2012 Autumn Resolutions
1. Only eat when I am hungry. Eat until I am satisfied, not obscenely full. Oh, and stop thinking about food 24/7. Seriously. Stop.
![]() |
| I dream of chocolate. |
2. Drink eight glasses of water every day. Buy a cute water bottle to make this resolution more fun.
![]() |
| Ah. So refreshing! |
3. Stay positive. There is too much negativity in the world and no need for any more pessimists.
4. Write every, single day. It doesn't matter if it is blogging or working on my novel. Just keep the creativity flowing!
![]() |
| The best chick-lit writer EVER (in my so humble opinion), Sophie Kinsella! |
5. Get a pedicure once a month. Wearing flats and flip flops continuously is really hurting my poor feet! They deserve a little TLC every now and then!
6. Early to bed, early to rise. Self-explanatory.
7. Make more time to read classic novels. Chick-lit is absolutely wonderful but mix it up occasionally with some of the most time-honored authors out there!
![]() |
| Lovely. |
8. Love myself. Be self-confident and self-assured.
Does anyone else make "Autumn Resolutions"? What are you wanting to change up?




Love all of these! I try to get to bed early and then get up at a decent time, but sometimes I fall victim to insomnia :P You're working on a novel? Thats so awesome! I love to write and I too, want to write a book one day :) happy fall to you!
ReplyDeleteOkay, so I've been reading your blog for about 2 months now...I don't know what took me so long to finally comment. Just wanted to say, I love your blog! I love your positivity and humor. You are so right when you say there is so much negativity in the world. I really like your Autumn resolutions. I vow to read more...I used to be a really avid reader, but somehow life got in the way. Must make more time for it.
ReplyDelete#8 is my favorite but I love the pedicure one also. Good luck with the resolutions.
ReplyDeleteGood resolutions, this post is inspiring (who doesn't love a fresh start)!
ReplyDeleteDo you use Goodreads? I tried out their 2012 Reading Challenge and it's so fun to see how many books I've read so far this year and how many I have left to reach my goal.
"Buy a cute water bottle to make this resolution more fun." This is proof that you really are Becky Bloomwood.
ReplyDeleteAnd I really like number five. One of my professors (who I see a total of 5 times a week) makes us share a "happy" each time class meets because she believes that we all get too caught up in focusing on the negative instead of the positive. I'm not going to lie, it seemed like a chore at first but now I'm loving listing out the positive things about each day.
Oh, and I totally have to agree with Beth up there, get on Goodreads! Social media for book nerds. It's great.
I love the idea of autumn resolutions- and you have some good ones! The pedicure one is awesome- I had my first pedicure this summer and I had no idea I was missing out on something so good! haha. I definitely need to bed too, and eating til i'm satisfied- that's something I've been learning as I lose weight, and I need to keep at it! Best of luck to you with these Jenna- you can do it! :-)
ReplyDelete