Monday, September 10, 2012

The Habitual Singleton

I am single.

I am almost always single.

I am a habitual singleton.

My last long-term relationship was in high school and ended with my first love saying, "Jenna? I'm gay."

On the upside, my first love became my best friend, but on the downside? I think this was the beginning of my misfortune in the game of love.

Since the infamous "I'm gay" proclamation, I've only had flings and short relationships. It's as though I'm cursed.

I am not asking for Hugh Jackman to appear on my doorstep, holding an American Express card and smiling, "Hello beautiful. How about we go shopping? We can go crazy at Target and then head to Nordstrom. Oh, and let's stop at Starbucks in-between and grab some PSLs."
via
Okay. So I'm not asking for that, but it would be pretty fantastic.

Anyway.

About a year ago, a friend (who I shall keep anonymous...see? I can be discrete!) and I penned this list of the "perfect" man. I've added some of my own personal criteria.

PERFECT MAN
  • Worldly or has an interest in traveling
  • Will watch Love Actually with me
  • Has sister or is close to his mom
  • Equally (or more) intelligent
  • Not obsessed with money
  • White teeth
  • Motivated
  • Great cook to make up for my poor kitchen skills
  • Passionate about something
  • Catholic (though would be happy with any sort of spiritual belief)
  • Gets along well with friends and family
  • At least one inch taller
  • Good at what he does for a living
  • Tans well in the summer
  • Tolerates my shopping habits

Really now, is that so much to ask for? :)

5 comments:

  1. Nope!! Not too much at all. I'd even take it a step further and think about physically more!! I truly believe you can manifest what you want (The Secret, if you will.) And I am a firm believer in dating. Date a lot!! The more people you meet, the more you realize what you do and do not want to live with for the rest of your life!! Someday, your Prince WILL come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl. I feel you. I'm single. So single. It's just not even funny anymore. And I love this list; I think we're all looking for the same man. Lord help us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not too much to ask for at all. Aim high and you won't settle.

    One of my favorite movies is Love Actually. Sean won't watch it with me, lol :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. tans well is summer! I love it. You'll find him when you least expect him to walk into your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this list Jenna! I have not been single a lot throughout my life, but as I am right now, I really think its good for me. Plus with Jake I learned a lot about what I like and don't like in a relationship...I think I need to write a list too! Wishing for your Prince Charming to pop into your life!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.