Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The dinner party with no table

Last night, Rachel, Ben, and I hosted our three sets of parents over for dinner.

Rachel made an excellent salad. Ben cooked a mouth-watering pasta with garlic bread, and I was in charge of the dessert.

I decided to be healthy (shocking) and put together fruit kabobs with white chocolate drizzled over top.

Since Rachel and I have a small, round table in our kitchen, Ben volunteered to bring over his dining room table, a gorgeous oak piece he constructed himself.

It is très impressive, I must admit.

Right at 6:30 as our parents began to arrive, Ben walked through the door sans table.

"It doesn't fit up the stairwell." He explained, perspiration on his brow and an exhausted look spread across his face.

We would just have to host our dinner party without a dining room table!

We ended up seating the parents around our round, kitchen table while Ben, Rachel, and I huddled around the coffee table and a small wrought iron table from the balcony.

It was very makeshift but definitely did its job!

I tried taking this photo of everyone but accidentally cut out Ben's mom and Rachel's stepdad. My iPhone camera lens was acting up and regrettably, this is the picture I was left with.

Everyone had SUCH a fun time.

As in I slept until 11:30AM this morning kind of fun.

On a side note, my mum even brought me mums despite the fact that I killed the ones she gifted me with last year.

I guess she has decided to give me a second chance at flower-parenting!

4 comments:

  1. I love this post!!! You will definitely look back and miss times like that haha!! Dinner sounds great and the mums are pretty! They're not meant to last long anyway.... Unless you plant them in the ground!! How fun. I'm sure the parents had a splendid time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I can't wait to host people over for dinner once I have an apartment in the Twin Cities next year. It sounds like you had a yummy meal and no one really missed the dining room table- plus what a memory! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In love with your yellow flowers...don't they just brighten everything up?!

    lifeatruestory4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flowers and dinner with all parents is such a fun night!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.