Monday, September 3, 2012

No raining on this parade!

Please excuse the lame title of this post.

I am happy to report that Rachel and my "adult" Labor Day cookout was quite a success last night!

Ben did an excellent job grilling the burgers and hotdogs for us. He sat at that grill as vigilant as if he were watching over the Crown Jewels. No fires were started, and not a single piece of meat was burned. Très impressive, n'est-ce pas?
All of our other side dishes turned out wonderfully, and everyone seemed to have a great time.

Rachel and I even managed to have perfectly coordinated outfits.
Just as predicted, the rain from Hurricane Isaac hit Cincinnati hard last night (and this morning, and this afternoon, and will this evening...). While the fireworks show was not canceled, most of us didn't feel like breaking out our umbrellas and braving the weather to watch.

Instead, we turned on one of the local network's broadcast of the fireworks show. We flipped off all of the lights so all we could see were the fireworks on TV and the different candles illuminated around our apartment. Then, we opened our porch doors so that we could hear the fireworks as they burst over the Ohio River.

It was such a cool experience and honestly neater than watching the show in person.

Today, I am spending the afternoon relaxing at my parents' house, eating delicious foods (before I start my new healthy autumn lifestyle tomorrow- more on that later) and getting to hang out with Miss Eleanor May.

Why can't every Monday be spent like this?

5 comments:

  1. Definitely sounds like your party was a success- wish I was invited! ;-) hehe. You and Rachel look adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your party turned out great. I love your matching outfits and I would have watched fireworks on TV too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Thanks for the list of babynames! Some of yours are on my tip top list by hubs vetoed them. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds like a lovely Monday! I spent most of Monday snuggled up in bed reading... if only they could always be so wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.