Sunday, January 8, 2012

One of the weirdest things I've ever done

This past Friday, my friend and I stopped at Barnes & Noble. My mom and I were attending my cousin's baby shower that evening, and I was given the task of choosing the two children's books we would be bringing.

I knew exactly what two books my cousin's bebe needed.

Madeline and Eloise.
via
via
Nothing else would do!

After finding Madeline in London, my friend and I searched everywhere for the lovely Eloise. We eventually ventured over to customer service where we discovered that the store was all sold out of EVERY Eloise book!

Quelle dommage!

We began to make our way back to the children's section when another book caught my eye.

I couldn't believe it.

It was a counting book version of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice!!!!!!!!

As in Pride and Prejudice for babies!
via
via
Okay, here is where the weird/creepy part of the story comes in.

I bought two copies of the book- one for the shower and one for my future offspring.

Yeah. Super awkward and strange.

Especially considering that 1) I am single, and 2) I probably will not be bearing children for another ten years.

Just another normal day in the life of Jane Austen addict.

6 comments:

  1. Don't feel bad! In fact, after reading this I want to go out and purchase this book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jane Austen is by far my favorite author!! {I may have to go find these for my said future offspring!} I have a hope chest...it continues to fill up with all things I hope to use in the future! Do you have one? Great childrens literature picks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAHAHAHA I love this post! Whatever! You buy that book for your future children and they will loooove it. If I found the same thing but Harry Potter I would do it too. (btw seriously let me know if you find a Harry Potter one)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, this is hilarious Jenna! I can totally understand this! I´d love to lay my hands on this book as well!

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable!!! That is one lucky new baby, and a lucky future offspring too! I've also bought things in advance, so don't feel too bad! :P Like my photo album for engagement photos- I bought it freshman year of college before any guy was in the picture- but it's adorable and says "all you need is love" on the cover and I just knew then I wanted my engagement pics in it some day, so now it's in a drawer in my house waiting for them, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't worry. I found the Pride and Prejudice book at my campus' book store. Yes, I did but it there as a Senior in college with no babies in the future but my future Jane-ite will love it in about 10ish years.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.