Monday, January 16, 2012

But it's so scary!

I've always been a planner.

Especially when it comes to, you know, my future (very large emphasis on the importance and magnitude of the word "future" if the italics didn't convey those sentiments already)

I will be done with my undergraduate career in about eight weeks.

Eight weeks!!!

And I have no idea what I'm going to do with my life.

What if the graduate schools I am applying to don't accept me? What will I do after graduate school? Where will I be living? What will I be doing?

Freaking out here, bloggers.

I love being an English major. It was the perfect fit for me, and my coursework truly makes me feel happy.

But as an English major, I have no clear career path. It sometimes makes me envious of friends majoring in fields like education, accounting, or nursing.

I could end up anywhere, which is exciting but also very scary.

Eeeesh.

I guess at the end of the day, I should just be thankful that I do not like this THIS anymore.

Seriously. That is SO cringey I can hardly stand it. Meet eighteen-year-old Jenna on her first day of college! Sporting her high school tennis sweatshirt and a hideous handbag.

Yes. That is real.

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness Jenna this is so exciting!! i'm sure you will do great out there in the big (but sometimes scary) world! i'm in marketing..and i feel the same way sometimes- why wasn't i just a teacher so i know what i will be doing once i graduate?!! hahaha :) can't wait to read more about your last semester!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you went to DePaul??? How did I not know this??? AHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOK AT EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD JENNA! So cute! heehee I have no idea what to do either and I also have one semester left eeeek! I feel the same way as a History major- no clear career path, but at least we can both do PLENTY of things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tagged you in my post today (blogger tag)! Check it out here:
    http://classycarolina.blogspot.com/2012/01/blogger-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awh- your freshman picture is not cringy! haha. That is crazy that you're into single digit weeks with your undergrad career- good luck on the homestretch and beyond!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.