Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Good intentions

This morning, I woke up promptly at 7AM in order to accompany my friend to the gym.

It was 17 degrees outside and completely dark.

I sort of wanted to cry.

I pleaded to God that my clock had been set three hours ahead. This, of course, was not the case.

We decided to drive over to the gym since the sun was no where in sight, and we parked in a metered spot relatively close to the rec center.

My friend inserted the only two quarters we had between ourselves.

"The meter took the quarters, but they aren't showing up!" My exercise enthusiast friend explained. "What should we do?"

I decided it was best we didn't risk a potential ticket and gallantly volunteered to drive the car back home so she could get her workout in.

I then changed into my pajamas and snuggled back into my warm bed.

It was the least I could.

8 comments:

  1. Oh Jenna!! Lolz. Too cute. I have such high intentions, but when it's under 20 degrEes (here too!) I don't want to do much except curl up by the fire and read...blogs...read...drink wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this MY life you're talking about!? Haha you're better than me- I never would have been able to open even one eye at 7 AM! I loved all of your comments today by the way :) And WHERE did you get that chevron print pillow?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This cracks me up! Sounds like me, but I'm trying! Hahaha! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. i mean, you're like the best friend ever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like an awful experience. UGH. I'm a fan of cocooning myself in blankets when its cold and dark out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this! You are so adorable Jenna! I can totally understand you! I mean, 6am and 17 degrees? Are you kidding me? This is why I work out at home and never go to gym! It would be a waste of money :)

    Happy Wednesday!

    xx Ivana

    Stop by sometimes :)
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  7. This literally made me giggle out loud! hehe. I'm so glad you took one for the team! ;) I woke up at 5:50 today to go to this new excercise program I started, and tomorrow my alarm is set for 4:45- ickk! We'll see how that goes! haha. I could go to it in the afternoon, but I actually prefer to work out in the morning(just not necessarily that early!), so we'll see if I can keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.