I had been avoiding the scale for months (!), and when I had to face it at my doctor's appointment last Tuesday, I was unsurprised to see that I had gained back seven pounds.
| Here I am being lazy as I merely stand and drink tea as my friend runs a 10K. |
Seeing the number though made me kick it back into high gear!
Yes. I'm aware of how lame that sounded.
I've gone back to what worked for me at the height of my weight loss: counting calories.
I don't particularly enjoy counting calories, but it's what really works for me. I wish I could be the kind of person who is able to simply eat healthy food in small portions, but that is SO not me. Maybe someday it will be, but for now I need to stick to the nutrition labels and my little notebook full of calculations.
I am already down two pounds from last Tuesday so I am feeling motivated and ready to go!
that is what works for me too ... counting calories. some days i try to not do it and let's just say it doesn't end well!
ReplyDeletegood luck! i know you can and will do it :)
stay motivated girl! You should celebrate losing a half a pound or ten pounds - you look gorgeous at any size ;)
ReplyDeleteXO
www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com
GO JENNA GO! I laughed (a little) at that picture- that is so me and Mr C is the one running past. No joke, at one 10 Miler (that's way too much for me anyway) I went to Starbucks and sat at the finish line reading the last Harry Potter the entire time and then this couple that he is friends with (the wife is always so mean to me, I think she's just jealous because I'm 9 years younger than she is teehee) showed up and I didn't even care that I was just sitting there! I was enjoying HP way too much!
ReplyDeleteWay to go, Jenna! You can do it!
ReplyDeleteI am just starting my weight loss journey and I'm already afraid of the scale, haha. But you are one of my biggest inspirations- you can do it girl!! :)
ReplyDelete