Glad that wasn't real, I thought as I opened my Macbook and checked my Gmail.
Ah yes, there was my rejection email from my dream school.
I always knew I was psychic!
Seriously though. I burst into irrational sobs and contemplated my now bleak future.
Fortunately, I had stayed at my parents' house the night before so I had Ellie to console me. She lovingly set her head on my lap, and I knew she was thinking, I still adore you, Jenna! I think you're awesome!
Anyway. As I sent distraught and emotionally unstable text messages to my closest friends, I worked my way through a bag of Dove chocolates, unwrapping each piece and laughing mockingly at the little notes.
"Climb high, climb far...your goal the sky, your aim, the stars."
HAHAHA. Yeah, right, Dove!!!!!
My dream school was a really long shot, and I'm glad I applied.
This also has made me reconsider if graduate school is right for me and my goals. Am I sure I want to do postgraduate work? Is spending tens of thousands of dollars right if I'm not even positive what I want to do? Was I really just in love with the actual school rather than the actual schoolwork?
Deep, deep thoughts.
I am feeling much better now, though I am still seeing a few gin and tonics in my immediate future.
I mean, I have to! Dove told me, "Be good to yourself today."

I am sorry you didn't get into your dream school, but maybe another school will fulfill your dreams even more! Or even, no school at all, maybe applying the skills you already have is the way to go! Everything happens for a reason, chin up :)
ReplyDeleteI am sorry you didn't get into your dream school, but when one door closes another one opens. There is a reason this didn't work out, you may figure that out tomorrow or 10 years from now (I hope sooner ;) but don't get down on yourself!!!
ReplyDeletewww.justkeepsweating.com
Awww I'm sooo sorry love! Everything happens for a reason! I got rejected from my dream grad school when I was a senior and ended up not going at all but I have a job I love now so try not to stress too much it'll be ok!
ReplyDeletei'm so sorry, jenna! :( it sucks that you didn't get into the school you wanted, & it's super crazy that you even dreamed about it beforehand. but, it's going to be ok. good luck with thinking things through. as a matter of fact, i am currently thinking things through & wondering if graduate school is the right path for me as well. we will both figure it out in time - it'll all work out in the end!
ReplyDelete<3
I'm sorry...that's a bummer. I think you have a very positive outlook though. It's good to question things and reassess. Good luck!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry love. Grad school is SCARY! My friends are all going through the same thing right now and I will be in about a year. I'm taking a year off to relax after undergrad (and work) and to apply to all of my schools. It certainly is terrifying! I hope the rest of your weekend is wonderful!
ReplyDeleteKeep your chin up! I am sure you will end up in a program that is perfect for you!
ReplyDelete"Be good to yourself" is right. Sounds cliche but everything happens for a reason. You will make the right decision for you, and everything will work out for the best! Have a better day.
ReplyDeleteAww I'm sorry you didn't get in! Just wait though, something better will come your way! (More chocolate too of course!) I'll be praying you get the guidance you need!
ReplyDeleteAwww, Jenna I´m so sorry to hear that! I know how it feels, when I was trying to find a job in Paris, all I was receiving, were rejection e-mails! How I hated checking my Gmail in the morning! But it didn´t prevent me from chasing my dreams, and I´m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. If you´re not going to your dream grad school, it means there´s something even more fabulous waiting for you out there! I keep my fingers crossed!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Stop by sometimes :)
Macarons and Pearls
I'm so sorry Jenna. It's always hard to hear a decision we would prefer go another way. "When one door closes, another window opens" Cliche, but maybe helpful?! I can't wait to see where life takes you! :)
ReplyDelete