I recently introduced something extraordinary into my life that I now do not know how I ever did without.
My electric blanket.
My campus house gets COLD. It was built in 1900, and I'm fairly certain they passed on any form of insulation.
Our thermostat is also a total liar and likes to say it is 70 degrees in here while it is truly a good ten degrees cooler. It thinks it is just hilarious that way.
Every night now, I warm up my electric blanket while I'm getting ready for bed so that by the time I snuggle into my covers, I can unplug it and enjoy the heat before I fall asleep.
It is absolutely cozy and divine.
I don't know how I ever lived without it.
My mom keeps telling me that I am bound to either a) catch on fire or b) make myself infertile.
I make sure to never actually sleep with the electric blanket on, ensuring that if it would randomly catch fire, I would be awake and able to thump it out quickly. Or stop, drop, and roll. Whichever.
As for the future offspring issue, that is just a risk I'll have to take.

I have been asking my husband to get us an electric blanket! I would LOVE one!
ReplyDeletehaha, Sean would LOVE that! since we can never agree on the heat temperature maybe i can get that for him and have the temperature put down lower.
ReplyDeleteI love my electric blanket! Once I am warm, I am out like a light! And I can't sleep until I am nice and cozy. Definitely a must-have!
ReplyDeleteUhoh- I am in trouble. In my house, my bedroom is the biggest and the coldest which makes falling asleep in the winter miserable, so I've had an electric mattress pad for all 4 years of high school..guess I'm never having kids! :P haha. But glad it's helping keep you warm! :)
ReplyDelete