Upon closer inspection, I realized that the CEO was running smooth, athletic strides a mere foot from my right while I was walking at 4 MPH.
I can't keep walking like this! I thought. The CEO will think I am lazy and out of shape! I will not be that loser walking on the treadmill!
In my current less-than-perfect physical condition, my running limit is about ten minutes.
| Perfect example of my running inabilities. Here I am drinking tea while Rachel gets ready to run a million miles. |
Unfortunately for me, he wasn't just warming up.
Five minutes passed. Then ten. Fifteen...
As he ran effortlessly, I wondered if I was going to die.
Was this the end for me? Was I really going to die single and never having owned a pair of Christian Louboutins?
I couldn't stop running though. I wanted to impress the President of the company!
Finally, finally my 60 minute workout came to an end. I had been running for over TWENTY minutes.
Which I realize is absolutely nothing for you runners out there but for me? That is rough.
My face was hot and bright red. My compression capris from Old Navy were all out of sorts. I was so tired.
Currently, my legs feel like jelloid.
I hope I can walk in the morning.
And that the CEO and my workouts never coincide again.
I would feel pressure to keep running as well!! Good for you for running that long. :) By the way, you're new job and the gym sound awesome! I would love it if my job had a gym. I just work out on the treadmill in my basement and do yoga at home. I still love it though. :)
ReplyDeleteAt least you got a good workout in. Also, now you know that you can run for 20 minutes and not just 10! That is huge!!!! I would have died :)
ReplyDeleteFirst, I laughed out loud at that picture because that is EXACTLY how I look when I lazily drive Mr. C to his marathons at like 5 am with my Starbucks in hand and my lululemons on (but they are not at all for working out)... And second, this sounds ALSO EXACTLY like when I first met Mr. C and we would "run into each other" in the gym and I'd run but couldn't run at all hahaha! Another life jinx!
ReplyDeleteyou are making me crack up so much tonight! Don't worry... my max for running is probably like 8 minutes. I am NOT a runner in the slightest.
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! How empowering for you! Even if it sounds super intimidating...I have no idea how I'd react if I worked out next to a CEO...probably just keep pushing myself like you did..way to go!
ReplyDeleteAwwwww, Jenna, my mum just asked me why I'm laughing out loud at my computer :D This is beyond hilarious, and I can't help but admire your perseverance! I would have fallen off the mean machine after 10 minutes!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls
I love this visual! I had no idea he used the reglar ppl gym!
ReplyDelete- MT