Thursday, October 11, 2012

I have a Little Sister!

No, my mom is not pregnant nor did she just give birth to a sweet bebe girl.

Though at the age of six, I may have spread a rumor around the neighborhood that my mom was expecting twin girls.

I honestly believed that if I told people, it would happen.

My plan was unsuccessful, and my mom was not very pleased with me.

But that's neither here nor there.
via
This past week, I was approved to be a Big Sister with the Cincinnati Big Brothers Big Sisters program, and last night, I got to meet the little girl they matched me with.

She is absolutely adorable and incredibly sweet.

I cannot wait to get to know her and spend more time together.

I've wanted to get involved with the program for a while now but knew I needed a stable job and future before I made the commitment.

I feel so fortunate for all of the fantastic things going on in my life right now.

Is anyone else a Big Sister? What kind of activities do you do with your Little Sister?

3 comments:

  1. Sounds so rewarding! She is so lucky to have a girl like you in her life. Have fun and I cannot wait to hear all the fun things you get to do with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing! I cannot wait to hear all about it. My best friend was a Big Sister and she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenna this is such a good idea! You actually planted a seed for something I could do after I graduate ..hmm.. I can't wait to hear how this goes- that little girl is going to be lucky to have you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.