Tuesday, October 16, 2012

California Dreaming

I have not left the Cincinnati (okay Tri-state) area since November 2011.


That is almost an entire YEAR.

Not even a weekend trip to Chicago. No overnights in Columbus. NOTHING.

To say I am hurting for a vacation would be an understatement.

This is why I am beyond ecstatic to report that I will be jetting off to California come January with two of my best friends!
via
via
Libby, Kelsey, and I are friends from DePaul. Even though Kelsey and I transferred after our freshman year, the three of us have remained close. I probably see each of them twice a year, but we are hardly ever all three together.

Our California trip is going to include San Francisco and Napa Valley.

I am so excited I can hardly stand it.

Out in California, I want to eat Ghiradelli chocolate. I want to ride a scooter up and down San Fran’s hilly streets like Princess Mia in The Princess Diaries film. I want to have a picnic lunch in that park from the opening of Full House. I want to enjoy a steaming bowl of Rice-A-Roni. I want to hold a glass of red wine in my hands and gaze out over green and rolling vineyards.

Mostly though, I am looking forward to an adventure with two of my closest friends.

I think it’s safe to say I’ll be California dreaming for the next few months.

3 comments:

  1. OMYGOSH. Jealous doesn't even begin to cover it! But really I am so happy for you and your trip! It is a dream of mine to go to Napa Valley for a Girl's Vaca so I'm going to live vicariously through yours until I get the chance. hehe. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Be still, my wine-loving heart. Girl, I cannot wait for your vacation!! Haha. It will be perfect timing as I'm learning the ropes of motherhood, to live through your Napa valley excursion!! How exciting!! We went to LA last year and had a blast just for a quick weekend, I am dying to get to Napa some day. Pleeeeeeeeeease try all the best wines and take tons of photos/videos. I'm not joking and yes I may be semi-stalkerish. Oh, how fun!!! I heard San Fran you can go nude too...I just learned that haha. Random?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're going to my home! Bay area is the most magical place ever-i know you will agree. It'll be the best to share it with your gfs!! Let me know if you need any tips.

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.