It is no secret that I've gained back some of the weight that I lost last year.
But since my clothes still fit (relatively) okay, and I definitely didn't look like I had at my heaviest weight, I kept eating to my heart's content and ignoring the fact that I was putting back on the pounds.
Saturday night, I dressed as a reindeer for a coworker's Christmas party.
Before going out to the bars with friends later that night, I felt like changing into a different costume.
My reindeer outfit was cute, but I felt a bit frumpy in it.
"Why don't you just wear your crayon costume from last year?" Rachel suggested, as she was planning on doing the same.
"Great idea!" I replied before hunting down last year's costume in my mess of a closet.
REALITY CHECK AHEAD.
The crayon costume was sooooo tight, and I definitely did not look as cute in it as I had last Halloween.
"I think there's a lot more wax in this crayon wrapper," I told Rachel morosely.
She insisted that the costume still looked great, but I'll be honest. I felt miserable the entire night. Wearing that costume made me realize just how much weight I had let myself put back on.
| Halloween 2011. Skinny crayon. |
| 2012 Halloween. Jumbo crayon. BLAH. |
I woke up on Sunday feeling a little better about my situation, and today, I feel determined to get the weight back off.
Maintaining a healthy weight is always going to be a struggle for me, but I'm ready to hop back on that weight-loss wagon and get healthy again!
I am NOT going to be a jumbo crayon again next year!
I sincerely hope I am not ANY crayon again last year. Eeeesh- two years in a row is enough!
Even though I think you still look beeeyootiful, I know the feeling. But with jeans.. not costumes. :) You can do it Jenna!
ReplyDeletei still think you looked amazing in your costume but i know exactly what you are talking about. just because others think you look great doesn't help if you don't think that you look your best. you can do it. you have done it. let's get this! :)
ReplyDeleteAh girl - why oh why are we are own worst critics! I can't tell the difference in the photos from one year to the next, but it's not about that, it's how you feel - and I totally support your getting healthy - you can do it girl- I'll be cheering for you every step of the way!
ReplyDeletePS- I wanna see your reindeer costume? Any pictures!!
I think you look terrific but I can totally relate to how you felt. There have been numerous times when I've tried to squeeze into a pair of jeans and even though I got them on they just made me feel awful
ReplyDeleteYou look the exact same as you did last year!
ReplyDeleteHonestly I can't tell the difference in photos, but we are always so hard on ourselves. :( I'm actually preggo and I'm trying to convince myself I'm not nervous about gaining a ton of weight but I am. I was really into working out before I got preggers but now I'm so tired I can hardly move. Let alone workout. Anyways.. I'm a new follower! :)
ReplyDelete