Last week, I stopped by my alma mater's bookstore in hopes of finding a cute top for the homecoming game that upcoming weekend.
I spotted a football jersey that had been marked down from $50 to a mere $25.
The only problem? It was too short for leggings.
I put the jersey back on the rack and moved on.
Then, I stopped and thought, You are letting leggings run your life! This is beyond pathetic.
So, I went back for the jersey, purchased it, and left wondering where in the world I was going to go buy pants.
I first stopped at Old Navy, which was an absolute disaster. I took four pairs of denim into the dressing room and literally almost had a nervy-b. Every pair was insanely unflattering.
"Nothing worked? None of them?" asked the dressing room attendant incredulously, as I handed her the stack of evil pants.
"No. None of them." I replied, leaving the store and wondering if I was doomed to a life without pants.
Maybe I was just a person who wasn't made for pants. Maybe God didn't intend me for to ever venture outside of the leggings realm.
Forlorn, I decided to at least pop into Gap and see if I could have any better luck there.
The moment I walked in, my eyes caught sight of a sign- LEGGINGS JEANS.
Or something like that.
Curious, I walked over and took a pair off the rack. I couldn't believe how soft they were! They even had a zipper, button, and pockets.
They were the perfect fusion between pants and leggings.
And definitely better quality than your standard jeggings.
So yesterday, I proudly wore my UC football jersey with my new jeans (close enough anyway).
After my next paycheck, I am totally going back for more.
I think pants are growing on me.
Maybe next autumn I'll be ready for real jeans. Maybe.

Jeggings are definitely a life saver sometimes. I hate it when I can't cover my butt when I wear leggings! I mean...after seeing some girls showing off their cameltoe...yup
ReplyDeleteAnyways, I think you pulled off your outfit great!! Jeggings have a slimming factor too, so they're my best friend as well ;)
I'm so excited that I found your blog! it's an extremely fun read :D keep posting!
osmiuminlove.blogspot.com
xo
They look great on you! I'm obsessed with Gap jeans, especially the "long & lean" fit. I always passed them up because I assumed they were meant for women who are already long and lean, but they actually create an illusion. I have them in every shade!
ReplyDeleteOld Navy's pants never look good on me either :(
ReplyDeleteHehe, glad you found jeggings! I love jeggings! They look good on you!
ReplyDeleteOh my God, so I'm not the only one with an issue with buying jeans! It's so hard to find a great pair. Leggings are so much easier to shop. And combine, many times. I found your blog through Ivana (from Macarons and Pearls), her kind words made me want to check out your blog. And guess what, you've got yourself a new follower! ♥ Can't wait to read more posts from you, I really like your writing style :) xoxo
ReplyDeleteHaha I love this post!! I have NEVER found ON jeans to be flattering! I think you need to have a very specific body type--even though they have 'different fits'. I love jeggings! You're one step closer to a real pair of denim! I highly suggest Sevens (with a stretch) they are very flattering and feel great. Yes, a bit pricy but totally worth it. Good for you branching out!! Leggings will always be your first love, I am sure. :)
ReplyDeleteI feel your pain. Shopping for pants is torture! Sometimes I feel that if you aren't shaped like a stick figure, you just can't find jeans that are going to fit properly. I'll have to go check out the Gap for some leggings/jeans too!
ReplyDeleteI think I am going to have to find myself some leggings for post baby outfits. Gap is always good to me!
ReplyDeleteNervy b!!!! HAHA! That is my new favorite word/phrase! The ONLY jeans I wear are my sevens trouser jeans because they were made for people who hate jeans (or so I like to think). They are SO light. I have a pair coming in at work in the resort line that are standard straight leg denim in a gorgeous color- we are both venturing out!
ReplyDeleteeven though I like jeans, I am always looking for comfy ones- I am going to have to check them out! And I love your jersey too Jenna! What a cute, school spirited outfit!
ReplyDelete