Monday, October 22, 2012
I don't see the resemblance.
Yesteday, I took my "little sister" to a pumpkin patch out in the country.
It was the most perfect autumn day. The sun was shining, the temperatures were extremely mild, and the scent of delicious fall food was in the air.
Funnel cakes, caramel apples, hot cider. This farm had it ALL.
We had such a fun afternoon visting the different farm animals (we saw the fattest pig EVER), going through a haunted garden, viewing various craft booths, and finally (the best part!) choosing the most perfect pumpkin in the entire patch.
Of course, my little sister also chose one of the heaviest, and it wasn't quite so fun lugging that thing to the car.
"So! What are you naming your pumpkin?" I asked, as I buckled it into the seat besides hers.
Which she thought was just hilarious.
"Jenna. Her name is Jenna Pumpkin." She patted it lovingly.
Whaaaaaaat?! Was she saying the round, orange squash reminded her of ME?
GREAT.
"Um, how about we name her Patty? Or something with a P?" I suggested brightly.
"Nope. Her name is Jenna. This is going to help me remember your name better anyway. It will be very helpful for me," replied the ever-so-honest seven-year-old.
"Huh. Okay." I conceded. "Jenna Pumpkin."
Although I still sincerely hope she doesn't think I look like a pumpkin.
One can only take so many blows to her self-esteem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hahahahaha. I am sure she doesn't equate you with a pumpkin:)
ReplyDeleteHahaha I think it is so cute she named her Jenna :)
ReplyDeleteAwwwww I'm sure it's more meaningful than anything!!! You are such a big part of her life now---it's truly a compliment!!! You're such an awesome person!!!
ReplyDeletelol, sisters!
ReplyDeletestop by sometime girl, i nominated your lovely self for the liebster award:)
kids say the darnedest things :) Thanks so much for your comment on my post yesterday. I am glad you enjoyed the interview and stopped by my little ole blog. I am quite taken with yours as well ( I feel like we have a similar sense of humor) :)
ReplyDeleteHAHA I just laughed out loud! I think that's an adorable pumpkin name, I might have to name one of my own pumpkins JP! ...and not at all in the sense that it's orange self reminds me of you :) heehee!
ReplyDeletehahaha :)
ReplyDelete'jenna pumpkin' is a cute name though!
Oh boy! You just have a such a way with words Jenna- your posts are so fun to read. That is so neat that you were able to experience the pumpkin patch with your little sister, even if she is calling her pumpkin after you! Like the others have said, I'm sure it's not that she thinks of you like the pumpkin - maybe she just had such a good time with you, she's naming her pumpkin after you in honor of the experience- there that's better! :)
ReplyDeleteps, id love for you to stop by and share your most viewed blog post on my linky party!
ReplyDelete-christina
http://wifeysnotes.blogspot.com/2012/10/my-most-popular-post.html
see you there!
Oh Jenna, this is hilarious! You must be the funniest family in Ohio :)
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls