Sunday, October 21, 2012

"This cat is going to die! And it's going to be all my fault!"


Rachel is currently cat-sitting for one of her coworkers.

It should also be noted that Rachel is allergic to cats.

REALLY allergic. As in, she can hardly breath for about an hour following any interaction.

But since Rachel is a selfless person and friend, she agreed to care for this cat.
via
Luckily, she only has to stop over at the apartment every two-three days to feed the cat, refill its bowls of water, and clean out her litter box.

Her first time on cat duty was last Sunday.

I was beyond exhausted that evening and crawled into bed early. Like 9PM early.

My phone rang, and I saw Rachel's name flash across the screen.

In typical best friend fashion, I didn't answer, thinking she just wanted to chat about something on her way home from the gym/cat visit.

The phone rang a second time, the universal symbol that it WAS something important. Or really good gossip. Either way, second calls are mandatory to answer.

"I cannot get into the apartment!" Rachel exclaimed frantically. "The key doesn't work! I don't know what to do. This cat is going to die! And it's going to be all my fault!"

Eeeeeeeeeeeek!

"Can I come get you? Maybe you can figure it out!"

You know, because I am SO GOOD at technical things like unworking keys.

I pulled my rainboots on though and threw on a jacket before heading out into the rainy night. When I arrived at the apartment, Rachel ran up to the door.

The wrong door.

"She doesn't live there. You've been trying to get into the WRONG APARTMENT!" I said incredulously.

Sooo it turned out that my presence actually was quite useful afterall.

And the sweet, little cat was just fine waiting an extra fifteen minutes or so.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, Jenna, once more you crack me up! This is such a hilarious story, and you are such an amazing friend! You were definitely needed there :)

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too funny- Jenna saves the day! I would totally do something like Rachel did, I'm glad you could help straighten her out! hehe. And I LOL'd at the in typical best friend fashion I didn't answer on the first ring- GUILTY as charged for that a time or two as well... :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.