Well. They're technically coming to play in Northern Kentucky.
But anyway.
I bought my ticket right when they went on sale this summer. I went to Walk the Moon's Cincinnati concert last November, and it was honestly one of THE BEST experiences of my life.
| Last year's Walk the Moon concert! |
Last week, I sent her an email and asked if she was still planning on going to the concert.
"I completely forgot! Let me go buy one now." She had replied.
Except the concert was sold out.
Apparently Walk the Moon is a lot more popular than they were last year.
So now I am faced with a dilemma.
I am normally very comfortable with doing things by myself (such as dinner, shopping, even movies), but I'm a little apprehensive about attending a concert alone.
What do I do between songs? Or during that awful time when the opening acts I don't care about are performing? Is it weird to sing out the song lyrics and dance when you're not with a friend or two?
What is the proper "I'm at a concert by myself" etiquette?
hmmm, this one is tough because i feel that concerts are just so much more fun when you are going with others. BUT you love the band so i think you should still go. if it turns out to be awkward you could always leave. but then again, you spent the money, you bought the ticket. go and enjoy yourself.
ReplyDeleteBummer that they were sold out before Rachel could get her ticket. But I agree - you should totally still go - I love live concerts and based on how much fun you had last year.. !! What about making some new friends? At the concert I went to with my roomie last weekend we ended up talking to the guys in front of us for a little while. Nothing big, but they were nice and friendly and it was fun to make conversation for a little bit. And who knows you could make a new friend or meet a new cute guy?? :)
ReplyDeleteAlso I just had a thought - would there be scalpers out front before the concert that Rachel could buy a ticket from?
ReplyDeleteI think this concludes Leah Comment Overload, hehe! :)
I agree - there are bound to be scalpers outside the show, and I'll bet your friend could haggle with them and get a decent price.
ReplyDeleteEither way, you should go and have a blast! If you go alone and don't care for the opening acts, just show up a bit late. If there are boring/awkward moments you could pull out your cell phone and stalk social networks like everyone else. ;)
Aand I just realized that the show is tonight, so disregard my comment! Hope you had fun!
ReplyDelete