Monday, October 8, 2012

Fun October Weekend!

My October got off to a most fantastic start.

Friday night, Ben and I went out for Indian food. We picked up a bottle of Pinot Noir from a nearby grocery store and enjoyed good wine and great curry.

Afterwards, we came back to my apartment. We set out delicious foods such as buffalo chicken dip and Godiva truffles. We rented "The Five-Year Engagement" and just vegged out as it rained and the wind howled (dramatic) outside. It was so cozy and relaxing.
via
Saturday was UC's Homecoming. I had the entire day off from the salon, and it was absolutely amazing to sleep in. I have to admit, having a two day weekend is really nice, and I am now wondering if this is something I'd like to have every weekend...

Anyway.

Rachel and I tailgated at a friend's house all afternoon before attending the 7PM game. We knew it was going to be chilly but had no idea just how cold the temperatures would become once that sun went down!

Lucky for us, we have gentlemanly guy friends who chivalrously gave us their sweatshirts.

Thank God.

We went to all of our favorite bars after the game, and it was a great day and evening back on campus!

Sunday morning, Rachel and I woke up late and decided to make brunch.

We dined on goetta, eggs, and Dunkin' Donuts while sipping orange juice and coffee flavored with pumpkin spice creamer.

I spent the remainder of the day trying to catch up on blogs and watching Netflix. And obviously wearing comfy Gap lounge pants.

I was more than flattered to be one of my blogging bestie's first interviewee for her new Sunday feature "Brunch with a blogger." Ivana wrote THE sweetest post about me, and I was beyond touched.

Check it out here!

I kind of felt like a bit of celeb! Thanks again for the amazing post, Ivana!

You made me sound waaaaay cooler than I actually am.

4 comments:

  1. That post by Ivana is how I got here! You totally deserve it! :) Your blog is different from the typical fashion blogs I follow. It's so down to earth and personal - so in love :)

    Jealous of your weekend, especially your relaxing Friday :) glad you got some rest dear!

    osmiuminlove.blogspot.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love my weekends off from the store, so much so that I get all antsy for my big girl job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You deserve two days of sleeping in! What I wouldn't give for a day st my fave bars/tailgating. Sounds like a divine weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am like living for the weekends this days - And this one definitely sounds like a winner- I hope the rest of your october weekends are enjoyable too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.