Monday, October 15, 2012

So many books! So little time!


Now that "Pretty Little Liars" is done taking over my life (I finally finished Season 1 and was BEYOND disappointed when I discovered that the identify of "A" was not going to be revealed...an article on Google has informed me that this major secret will not be uncovered until the SERIES FINALE. I CANNOT WAIT THAT LONG. So, for now, I have quit the show out of anger and frustration), I have time to tackle the ever-growing stack of books on my nightstand.

Here are the books I am most looking forward to reading in the upcoming weeks!

Well, alright. Maybe in the next month. Since I started my full-time job, my reading time has really diminished. This is partly my own fault, though. I know instead of online shopping/perusing or watching TV in the evenings, I could totally be readiing.

But anyway.

1. A Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling: Of course, I HAD TO HAVE this novel the DAY IT CAME OUT. Despite the urgency I felt in getting my hands on this book, I can't say I've gotten very far into the story! I like what I've read so far, but this book is at the top of my list to finish as soon as possible.

2. Women, Food, and God by Geneen Roth: I need to read this book. I have an unhealthy relationship with food, and I've heard that this book really does an excellent job of explaining the reasons why we overreat, abuse food, etc. I saw it on Oprah years ago and have been meaning to read it for a while now.

3. Suri's Burn Book by Suri Cruise (well, not really, but it's how we'd all like to think Suri feels!): Love this blog and cannot wait to read this book. Suri is so sassy and says the things I think MANY people are often thinking about different celebrities. The writing is witty and sharp. Oh, and totally hilarious.

4. This Is How You Lose Her by Junot Diaz: Junot Diaz is one of my favorite authors. I can still remember reading one of his short stories in an English class over three years ago and how much it stayed with me. My admiration for Junot Diaz skyrocketed after reading The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao. Brilliant.

What's on YOUR reading list right now?

4 comments:

  1. I love Suri's Burn Book. Such a good guilty pleasure. Right now, I am working on Winter of the World (a Ken Follet historical fiction), The Light Between Oceans and Divergent (I love any good YA post apocalyptic fiction).

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why I've started my monthly "to read" posts! I keep buying and downloading new and new books, but rarely got around to reading the old ones :) I've just downloaded Casual vacancy on my Nook, and I can't wait to read it! (but of course, I'll have to finish my October reading list first lol).
    Can't wait to get your opinions on all these books!

    xx Ivana
    Macarons and Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely want to hear (read) your opinion on Women, Food, and God when you finish it. I'm definitely a food abuser and found your little blurb about the book interesting.
    I'm also a bit jealous of your to-read pile; I'm currently in an adolescent literature class for my major and I don't have time for any reading outside of this class! Can't wait to get my hands on Rowling's new book during Christmas break though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love hearing what other people are reading, and these books sound good! I put JK Rowlings newest and Women, Food and God on reserve at the library and can't wait to get them. Especially the Women, Food and God one- that sounds really interesting - thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.