Brandon and I had a much more successful tennis outing this morning. No parking issues. No sliced fingers.
What more could you ask for?
What more could you ask for?
As we were playing our tennis match, I realized how happy I felt.
Playing tennis, I am able to just concentrate on hitting the ball, sprinting to the net, perfecting my serve. It's just such a great break from all of the thinking and worrying I normally do about life and the future, and well, I'm also sort of good at tennis.
I am certainly no Serena, but I'm definitely above average!
The relief and pleasure I felt while playing tennis reminded me of how awesome I feel while I'm working on my novel or writing a funny blog post. These sorts of things make me feel great and maybe even a little closer to "finding myself."
Dramatic, I know.
I also am realizing the importance of these kind of activities during this time of job searching.
Obviously, job searching can be incredibly discouraging and just plain tiring.
It's nice to incorporate activities that I am actually good at into my schedule, just as little bits of triumph and reminders of my strengths.
Oh, and I think my picking up tennis again merits a new racquet and attire.
I need to be playing in style!
Glad your tennis outing was a success this time around :)
ReplyDeleteit is a great feeling to find the things you are good at.
and yes i agree. you need to be playing tennis in style, hehe.
happy weekend!
Sounds amazing! I've always wanted to learn to play tennis, but never actually gotten to take a lesson! I must put it on my "to do" list immediately! Thumbs up to you, Jenna!
ReplyDeletexx Ivana
Macarons and Pearls