This evening, I arrived home to two parrot head friends.
Also known as Rachel and Ben.
They were all decked out in their Hawaiian gear and hyped up for the Jimmy Buffett concert.
I had agreed to drop them off at the concert venue, and Ben kindly offered me his car so that I wouldn't be out any gas.
I was a bit nervous seeing as Ben got his brand new Civic a mere two weeks ago (!!!!), and I am notorious for being an awful driver.
Since my hatred of spending money on gas is greater than my anxiety over driving unfamiliar motor vehicles, I took Ben up on his offer.
We arrived at the concert, and I dropped Ben and Rachel off with no serious problems.
But the moment those two left me, things began to get a bit crazy.
Firstly, I had to drive at least two miles down a road with obnoxious fans running across the busy road every few feet.
Dodging parrot heads is stressssssssy.
I decided to take the highway home since I didn't feel like turning around and dealing with the concert chaos again. The highway was going fine until I came upon weirdly organized construction section.
This is where things get bad.
I missed my exit due to AWFUL construction signage (I swear it wasn't my fault!), and I found myself driving deeper and deeper into Kentucky.
I desperately pulled up the maps application on my iPhone, and it couldn't locate me.
APPLE FAIL.
I decided to eventually get off at a random exit and just start driving north. I didn't know where I was or where I was going, but north seemed like a good idea.
I literally almost cried tears of joy once I saw this sight.
CINCINNATI!!!! OHIO!!!!!!! NOT KENTUCKY!
I was still lost, but at least the other side of the river was in sight!
It took me over an hour to get home from the concert venue, a drive that usually takes less than fifteen minutes.
I really need to move to a city with better public transportation. ASAP.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.