Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Life Unpaused

Ever since I graduated back in March, I've felt as though someone had hit the "Pause" button on my life.

As late as February, I believed I was going to graduate school in the fall.

I was extremely excited when I was offered a nannying position for the summer. It could not have been a more perfect job- I would make money during the summer and be able to jet off to the UK for grad school come fall.

Following my rejection from my dream school though, I sat down and thought a lot about grad school and if it was what I truly wanted to do.

I concluded that grad school wasn't in my immediate future.

Since I had already committed my summer to the nannying job, my life felt like it was on hold.

Whenever I spoke to a potential employer, they would ask, "And when could you start?"

"Late August or September." I would reply, before explaining my nannying situation.

This never went over very well.

When I actually began nannying, searching for a job became impossible between little time to search and literally no time to interview.

The kids I nannied for went back to school today, and even though it was really difficult saying goodbye to them, I feel as though someone has hit the "Play" button my life.

I can move forward now and properly begin my postgraduate life.

And it feels amazing.

3 comments:

  1. Go girl! I had the same thing going on with my 3 nanny girls. It took me moving 45 minutes away (although I drove back and forth for a while because I couldn't say goodbye to them) to get my current job because I could no longer nanny. And even though I still don't have my big girl job I feel like I'm gaining more "world" experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww love the way you explained this! I'm sure you were a "superb nanny" and now it's time to find a kick-a job!! I wish you the best of luck and keep your thoughts positive, it WILL happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for an unpaused life Jenna! I hope this fall turns into your best one yet and I can't wait to follow along through it! :) I'm sorry for being such an awful friend this summer- life got so crazy! However I'm back in action in the blog world at a new address - lnclifeblog.blogspot.com and I hope you'll follow me over there too! Miss you girl! Ps. I need your new apartment address so we can be penpals again!!

    ReplyDelete

Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.