So I am totally a person who enjoys talking and interacting with people but sometimes? I think my bank has a habit of taking things to the extreme in their attempts to engage with the customer.
I have been a customer of the same bank for years now but have recently begun frequenting a new branch.
At this branch, I always seem to be served by the same teller.
| I don't know why, but this clip art made me laugh. |
Such enthusiasm! Such friendliness!
Yet totally startling each time.
When I went into the bank yesterday to deposit money, this teller said, "Wow, Jenna. Looks like someone's been working hard!"
Is it just me or is that a little weird?
I thought it was generally deemed socially unacceptable to comment on the amount of someone's paycheck.
"Yep! Trying to anyway," I awkwardly replied before launching into an unnecessary monologue about my three jobs and no career lifestyle.
Why was I sharing this much information with him? Why was he probing me further, and why did I just continue to babble?
Is there something in the air at my bank which makes people excede perfunctory chit-chat and launch into deep heart-to-hearts?
The next time I pop in I'll probably tell him all about my secret crush and most coveted dreams.
Jeeeeeeesh!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Merci beaucoup for your comments! I always love to read through them!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.